- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Airline Tycoon 2 (PC DVD)
|Price:||£9.98 FREE delivery.|
- Build your ideal fleet of planes - use the in-game editor to craft inexpensive mass-transportation "Greyhounds in the sky" or unique, luxury jets that spoil the elite
- Jump into the action as one of four playable avatars with unique strengths and weaknesses
- Explore your home airport in full 3D, while bossing your employees around and expanding your blossoming airline
- You might even meet VIPs at the airport lounge
- Random events bring variety to the game -- The Pope wants a special flight? Civil unrest in a global hotspot? Volcanic ash clouds above Europe? If you act quickly, you can profit from these events!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Platform: Windows Vista / XP
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
A decade after the best-selling Airline Tycoon comes the long awaited sequel to the legendary tongue-in-cheek economic simulation that puts players in the role of CEO of an international airline!Airline Tycoon 2 will challenge players to run a modern airline, design unique airplanes and grow a run-down carrier into a globally recognized company that passengers practically beg to fly. Airports worldwide are waiting to be explored, but beware- your rivals never rest! Crafty opponents are also working to dominate the skies...and they won't let anything stand in the way of their goals!
Thirteen years after the original game, Kalypso and b-Alive bring you Airline Tycoon 2, the long awaited sequel to the legendary economic simulation above the skies! Run your own airline, craft unique airplanes and evolve your company from a run-down cheap carrier to a global player. Airports worldwide are waiting to be explored! But beware: your rivals never rest! Mean opponents like the nasty Tupolevsky and the beautiful Natalie Childman also strive to become the world greatest airline tycoon!
- Dynamic economic and flight system: The world of Airline Tycoon 2 is constantly changing!
- Airports worldwide, from Moscow to Venezuela – every single one with realistic conditions and passenger volume
- Individually customizable airplanes: With extensive editors, clunky chassis become unique, luxury travel machines!
- Be in the action: Navigate your avatar around your 3D home airport, order your employees around and expand your airline. You might even meet some VIPs at the airport bar!
- Challenging economic simulation: Plan flights all around the world, coordinate arrivals and landings, make a profit and improve the image of your airline.
- Four playable avatars with defined strengths and weaknesses
- A mix of random events bring variety to the game: The pope wants a special flight? Civil unrest in the third world? Volcanic ash clouds above Europe? Only if you act fast and properly, will you benefit from these events.
- Sabotage: Annoy your opponents with devious actions! But beware! Your enemies will take revenge on you!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This sequel brings nothing against the original. If anything, it brings less, as many game elements were dropped. The 3D excuse is silly. Using a 3D engine only allowed the programmers to get lazy. Scenes may be rendered in 3D but there is no real freedom to explore the "world" (i.e., the airport), detail is gone, neck-less characters are just silly instead of cute or funny.
And all the delays between scenes are unbearable.
As for gameplay - what little there's left - the interface is such a mess that it's just not worth it.
Better get the demo and see for yourselves - before wasting money on this.
In this "improved" sequel, you have to wait when entering rooms for everything to load. There are no "real" airplanes in it so, unlike to first one, you can't simply buy a Boeing 757-300, you must produce all the planes yourself, you have no choice! You also start games without any aircraft (however you can choose your own budget to begin with). The way stocks and shares works is different and more complicated. The 3D approach to the game is stupid, it was perfectly good in 2D...all the game really needed was to be updated with new places/airports and maybe new/different competitors added but they've overhauled the whole concept and made it worse.
MASSIVE LETDOWN!! Do yourself a favour and do not waste £30 on this...I've definitely had a mare buying this and will struggle to get rid of it!
After a wait of nine years I received the game yesterday and played it most of last night. This is a game with much improved graphics (the very least you'd expect to be honest) but most of the original features of the game appear to have been omitted or combined. As mentioned by Liz 2011, the pauses between screens become increasingly annoying and there appears to be no reason for them (apart from, I presume, sub-standard programming). It's hardly COD so why the loading pauses!!
In addition to the points mentioned in previous one star reviews, all of whose comments I whole heartedly agree with, there used to be a "last minute" travel agent (to fill any immediate gaps in a schedule) and a normal travel agent for trips further into the future. These have inexpicably been combined. There's no telephone use, no renting or calling of international offices to fill a gap in a schedule either. Also no cargo warehouse to do cargo runs. Apparently, all your routes have to come from one agent, who greets you every time with an annoying "Plan your vacation of tomorrow today!" - amusing at first, but really irritating after a dozen or so times!
I wouldn't mind so much if they'd removed all these features to introduce lots of novel new additions. But in reality there aren't any and as it stands this game is just half the original. All style but no substance.
It makes me mad that software developers seem to think it acceptable to "dumb down" games in this way. Like Liz, I'm as disappointed with this as I was with Civ 5 (which rapidly got binned) compared to the much loved and still regularly played Civ 4.
If only I could return this game as "faulty" I would - it's one huge disappointment, completely lacking in long term playability - suggest you avoid and stick the original! Like Liz says, it may have old fashioned graphics but it's infinitely better in terms of gameplay than this new version.
Shame on you Kalypso!!
I just don't get the point of the game at all, it has no fun factor and is excruciatingly slow. Loading screens between every room and everything you do is repetitive and inane.
Thank goodness for Amazon returns... avoid!
Most recent customer reviews