Airfix A04048 Westland Sea King HAS.5/AEW.2 1:72 Scale Series 4 Plastic Model Kit
- 1:72 scale plastic scale model kit
- Construction and painting required: yes, glue and paints need to be purchased separately
- Skill level: 2 (where 1 is for the beginner and 4 is for the more experienced modeller)
- Dimensions: length: 236mm x width: 262mm
- Number of parts: 105
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
The Westland Sea King is a British-made version of the Sikorsky S-61/S-3 and is in operation by the RAF, Royal Navy and Royal Marines. On 1 Nov 1984 at RNAS Culdrose in Cornwall, 849 NAS was reformed to operate the two development AEW helicopters. As more helicopters were converted they joined 849 NAS and in August 1985 the first three production Sea King AEW Mk 2s embarked on HMS Illustrious. The capabilities were improved further by the development of a new helicopter, designation Air Surveillance and Control ASaC.Mk7. This went into service from March 2002.
The Westland Sea King is a British-made version of the Sikorsky S-61/S-3 and is in operation by the RAF, Royal Navy and Royal MarinesSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As a Whisky variant it has one glaring flaw though; it only has an inflated radome, and the radome is only inflated when the helicopter is in flight. Still, everyone who's ever made a kit of this variant has got that wrong.
Look for similar items by category
- Toys & Games > Arts & Crafts > Children's Craft Kits
- Toys & Games > Die-Cast & Toy Vehicles > Toy Vehicles & Accessories > Scaled Models > Aircraft
- Toys & Games > Figures & Playsets > Military
- Toys & Games > Hobbies > Model Building Kits > Aircraft
- Toys & Games > Toys & Games: Amazon Global Delivery Available