Customer reviews

Aikido: The Peaceful Martial Art
Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 September 2014
A1 ++++ quick delivery thank you. A really good read if you like the Martial Arts.
on 3 June 2013
this book is an explanation of the art of aikido, whilst not being a teaching manual. it can be read by novices wanting an insight into the art and the more advanced looking for something that anchors and supports their aikido training.
on 3 January 2016
Fast delivery
on 27 October 2015
great book on aikido
on 14 March 2015
hard going
on 21 June 2015
Great book, lots of useful information, explains things very well. Perfect for beginners.
on 17 August 2008
Finally this magnificent piece is also available in English. I have read the Swedish version numerous times and I have always wished also for my foreign aikidoka friends to be able to read it. Now they can! This is not a book on aikido techniques. This book takes you on a journey through the many aspects of this beautiful art that so profoundly affects the practitioner both on the tatami and in life in general. Aikido is truly the Martial art of Love and Stefan Stenudd has done everything in his power to explain why...
2 people found this helpful
on 15 August 2008
I find this book very instructive fore me, when I need to explain, debate, discuss or argue Aikido. I have read this book three times, and every time I get a new view of Aikido, this book has become my dictionary of Aikido.
One person found this helpful
on 19 January 2014
As a beginner in Aikido, I find the content of this book to be a valued learning tool. Great reading.
on 26 February 2011
If you are looking for a book on Aikido techniques there are many out there and this is clearly not one of them.

If you would like to learn about Aikido and its philosophy, this is the best book on the market, it also contains interesting information on kototama, which does not appear in many other books.

It is written in a highly engaging style and I read the book from cover to cover in a day or so... not because it is a short book but because it is well written.

For the begginer and expert alike I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
4 people found this helpful