On Agriculture (Loeb Classical Library) Hardcover – 1 Jul 1989
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The details of farming might still be familiar to present day farmers. Some are timeless maxims about animal husbandry. Like raising pigs or sheep. The cultivation of numerous crops is also described. Grapes. Apples. Etc. There is also careful attention to the need for manure, to keep the soil fertile. Crop rotation does not seem to be mentioned. It may have been unknown to the Romans.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Antiquarian, Rare & Collectable > By Publication Date > 1901-1950 > 1931-1940
- Books > Antiquarian, Rare & Collectable > By Subject > Fiction
- Books > Antiquarian, Rare & Collectable > By Subject > History
- Books > Antiquarian, Rare & Collectable > By Subject > Poetry, Drama & Criticism
- Books > Antiquarian, Rare & Collectable > By Subject > Science & Nature
- Books > Antiquarian, Rare & Collectable > By Subject > Study Books
- Books > History
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Essays, Journals & Letters
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming