Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > Why Evolution is True forum

Age of entry?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Apr 2009, 10:35:57 BST
Bruss says:
As a parent I'm interested in finding material for my kids to undo some of the 'god did it' indoctronation from their primary school education. Would anyone care to comment if this book be digestable for a 10/11 year old, maybe with some help from dad?

Posted on 21 Jul 2011, 10:53:57 BST
Grr (tiger) says:
It is much clearer than most books on evolution, even those of Richard Dawkins. But it really depends on the kid, and 10/11 is quite young. He or she would have to be pretty precocious. As with introducing Shakespeare too early, you don't want to create a distaste. I would say something like Evolution Revolution by Robert Winston would be nearer the mark. See Harry Webb's (aged 10) and other reviews of it on Amazon.
And I would tend to go easy on the God angle. Indoctrination can work both ways, and an emphasis on rational thinking would be a better preparation for kids to make up their own minds.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  3 Apr 2009
Latest post:  21 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Why Evolution Is True
Why Evolution Is True by Jerry A Coyne (Paperback - 26 Jan. 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars (80)