Against the Grain: The New Criterion on Art and Intellect at the End of the 20th Century Hardcover – 1 Feb 1995
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is an immensely literate collection...full of controversy and opinion. It is sure to provoke, instruct, amuse and raise hackles.--Andrea Barnet "The New York Times "
About the Author
Hilton Kramer is editor of The New Criterion and author, most recently, of The Twilight of the Intellectuals. Roger Kimball is managing editor of The New Criterion and author of The Long March, Experiments Against Reality, and Tenured Radicals. Together Messrs. Kramer and Kimball have also edited The Future of the European Past, and The Betrayal of Liberalism. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Art Issues
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory > Modernism
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology