Against Extinction: The Story of Conservation: The Past and Future of Conservation Paperback – 1 Jan 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Fascinating.' From the Foreword by the Earl of Cranbrook, President, Fauna & Flora International 'An excellent and, often, amusing read.' IUCN 'This historic account is interesting for anyone working in conservation.' Gorilla Journal 'Conservation in the 21st century needs to be different and this book is a good indicator of why.' Bulletin of British Ecological Society 'Determinedly factual, and full of detail, with many interesting examples and case studies... This book is a major contribution towards opening conservationists eyes to another world of historical and cultural understanding.' Nature 'It vividly portrays conservation's emergence from big game hunting, the battles for the establishments of national parks, the global importance of species conservation and debates over the sustainable use of, and trade in, wildlife.' Bois and Forets des Tropiques, 2004. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Bill Adams is Reader in Conservation and Development at the University of Cambridge, UK. He is editor of Decolonizing Nature: strategies for conservation in a postcolonial era and author of Future Nature: a vision for conservation. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Environmental Philosophy
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment