- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Atlantic Books; Main edition (5 May 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782394524
- ISBN-13: 978-1782394525
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 2.8 x 19.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 226,141 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
After the Storm: The World Economy and Britain's Economic Future Paperback – 5 May 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A Book of the Year 2015 --Observer
[A] thoughtful sequel to [Cable's] earlier bestseller on the global financial crisis, both for what it says about the state of the nation and for its occasional insights into life in the coalition government.--Chris Mullin, Observer
A remarkably rounded work... Cable has produced a book that makes a serious and relevant contribution to the continuing debate about banking, infrastructure, housing, China, executive pay, short-termism and many of the other topics which continue to top the business and political agenda. --Evening Standard
[After the Storm] is a lucid, erudite analysis of the global economy, and Britain's place in it, between 2010 and 2015, as viewed from the vantage point of a senior member of the coalition--Observer
There are few journalists who can match the verve and panache of Hitchens's prose. He mixes the loquaciousness of the barfly with the fluency of the literary artist, and could not pen a dull sentence if he tried.--Guardian
From the bestselling author of The Storm comes a fascinating insight into the state of the British economy from one of our leading politicians, who was at the heart of the coalition government.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I did not like this, boring, but......
I got this Hardback from the Library. Many had borrowed it but no one had read much of it -it was like new. Read more
Sober and wide-ranging review of the modern economic scenePublished 18 months ago by Alan Frederick Jeavans
How wonderful it would be if he were Chancellor of the Exchequer! Superb analysis with realistic account of the needs of compromise in a coalition. I wish we still had it.Published 18 months ago by Dr D West
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Political Economy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Forecasting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Public
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science