- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
After the Photo-secession: American Pictorial Photography, 1910-1955: American Pictorial Photography, 1910-55 Hardcover – 27 Aug 1997
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Christian A. Peterson is associate curator of photography at the Minneapolis Institute of the Arts. He has authored monographs on the photographers Max Thorek and D. J. Ruzicka and wrote the catalog Camera Work: Process and Image. He lives in Minneapolis.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I am half way through it and it is spellbinding (of course you DO have to be a photographer). I've been a photographer for.... a very long time.... and I didn't know half this stuff.
The old adage 'the winners write the history books' is certainly true. The rich contributions made by pictorialists through the entire first half of the 20th century have apparently been very successfully buried. Dig 'em up here! If you are fascinated by the early history of photography then you need this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Photo Essays
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Theory
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United States
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series