Africa's Urban Revolution Paperback – 9 Jan 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Africa's Urban Revolution provides a fascinating look, both empirically and theoretically, at an eclectic mix of contemporary urban issues in Africa. Promoting long-term planning that directs and informs African urbanisation is the key message of the authors. This book is a must-read for scholars of the urban South.'
Professor Ronnie Donaldson, Stellenbosch University
'Africa's Urban Revolution is a cutting-edge, insightful book that contains important contributions from some of the leading urban researchers in Africa. Informed by theory and practice, the book makes a major statement about future urban possibilities for the African region.'
Professor Richard Grant, Director of Urban Studies, University of Miami
'This book provides a powerful antidote to the argument that urbanisation in Africa is not worthy of attention from urban scholars and global policy makers. It does so, in rich detail, over a wide array of crucial themes across the continent's cities. In novel ways and with robust style, the authors offer an invaluable new gold standard text for the growing field of African urban studies.'
--Garth A. Myers, Distinguished Professor of Urban International Studies, Trinity College, Hartford
About the Author
Susan Parnell is an urban geographer in the Department of Environmental and Geographical Sciences at the University of Cape Town (UCT). She is centrally involved in the African Centre for Cities, serving on its Executive. Prior to her appointment at UCT she taught in the Wits University Geography Department (Johannesburg) and the School of Oriental African Studies (London).
Edgar Pieterse is holder of the DST/NRF South African Research Chair in Urban Policy. He directs the African Centre for Cities and is Professor in the School of Architecture, Planning and Geomatics, both at the University of Cape Town. He is the author of City Futures: Confronting the Crisis of Urban Development (Zed Books, 2008).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Africa
- Books > History > Cultural History > Local & Urban History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Africa
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups