Africa's Future: Darkness to Destiny: How the past is shaping Africa's economic evolution Paperback – 28 Feb 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If I need to know anything about oil in Africa, I go straight to this book (Richard Dowden, director of the Royal African Society)
Duncan Clarke's latest book on Africa sets out to answer tough questions about the continent, often asked but seldom satisfactorily answered: What shaped Africa's economies? What went wrong? And can its recent growth be sustained? The result is rather like travelling around Africa in the company of a knowledgeable and entertaining guide who draws lessons from the past while mapping out the future. (Michael Holman, former Africa editor of Financial Times)
A richly detailed review of Africa's past and what it tells us about the future, providing a sobering view of the realities on the ground. Indispensable for anyone interested in global trends in the 21st century. (Ian Morris)
One of the world's leading strategists on global oil exploration puts forward a unique reformulation of Africa's economic past, present and future.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
If you can wade through them however there is some excellent stuff here with a real analytical spin. Rather than just blindly blaming corruption like so many do this instead offers an insight into not only how Africa has ended up this way, but what is the likely shape of things to come.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics > Development
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > International Relations > Geopolitics