- Paperback: 672 pages
- Publisher: Portobello Books Ltd; 2nd edition edition (15 Jan. 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1846276047
- ISBN-13: 978-1846276040
- Product Dimensions: 20.7 x 4.6 x 19.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 53 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 306,160 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Africa: Altered States, Ordinary Miracles Paperback – 15 Jan 2015
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Richard Dowden is Director of the Royal African Society. He first went to Africa as a teacher in 1971, and then as a journalist in 1983, working for The Times. In 1986, he became Africa Editor of the Independent, and then in 1995 took up the post of Africa Editor of the Economist. He has also made three television documentaries on Africa, for the BBC and Channel 4.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book itself fell into 4 sections immediately - even when not opened in those places - and the cover fell off
Now I dared open the sections properly, for fear of them coming apart too - so very difficult to read
Please inform printers & publishers.
Dowden provides both the factual and physiological overview of each sub Saharan country to set the scene and build your understanding of the continent then also provides a glimpse of the future.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews