- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: Vermilion; New Edition edition (27 Dec. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0091900115
- ISBN-13: 978-0091900113
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 3.7 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 126 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 23,307 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Affluenza Paperback – 27 Dec 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Oliver James is excellent at showing why social scientists think that the surge in material affluence can produce the opposite of happiness." (Avner Offer, Professor of Economic History, University of Oxford)
"Should be mandatory reading for everyone" (Will Self)
"Never before have I read a book that so precisely captures the way we are all being emotionally snookered by the demands of 21st-century living... read this book" (Jeremy Vine)
"A wonderfully clear and cogent thesis" (Guardian)
"An absorbing and effective wake-up call" (London Lite)
The paperback of the Sunday Times bestseller: Oliver James tours the minds of the middle classes in search of an answer to the question: is it possible to be successful and stay saneSee all Product description
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It makes sense to anyone who has a conscience, to those who live beyond materialism.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews