Customer reviews

Aesop's Funky Fables (Picture Puffin)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 February 2013
The book is definitely a funky retelling of the classical fables. Although most of the stories end abruptly, making you wonder why there isn't a next page to it, my five year old enjoyed it. It worked even better though once we bought the "traditional" version of the fables, which explicitly tells you the moral of each strory. The illustrations are captivating, like most of Korky Paul's work.
on 18 December 2017
Absolutely love reading this this to my 4 year old daughter, something I remember from my childhood. And more importantly she loves it too. I have purchased twice one for her and another for my 7year old nephew to inspire his interest of story/poem writing.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 March 2013
the stories in here seem quite simple but also have a moral message, for example the lion and the mouse; if you are kind to others they may help you when you need it. Or the stork and the fox; if your are greedy and take everything for yourself others will do the same to you. My 4 year old daughter loves this book, we have had it on loan from the library now for over a year so thought id better buy her her own copy. The stories are quite short but the message is there and I talk to my daughter about the story afterwards and shes understood and accepted the message. Its nice to read a book with meaningful stories for a change rather than all about fairies and butterflys or pigs jumping in puddles!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 May 2016
it didnt have the moral of the stories which I wanted
on 20 September 2014
Good story and very funy
on 18 October 2009
I bought this for a 9YO the quality is v good the stories are exactly as I remember reading when I was a boy of a similar age I recommend it.