on 28 April 2017
Good book , our grandchildren love it, thanks.
on 7 September 2012
I ordered this my for three year old grandaughter thinking back to my own childhood and the stories I enjoyed from Aesop. I was a little disappointed when it arrived to find that most of the stories seem to be slanted in a gruesome way which is not appropriate for small children. Perhaps an older child would enjoy the style of these versions from Aesop's Fables but not recommended for under eights I would say.
on 26 May 2011
Been meaning to get a book of Aesop's fables for a while. This copy is nicely illustrated and has many more fables than i knew existed. Only down side is that my childhood favourite about the wind and the sun competing to get a man's coat off, is not included, so i was disappointed about that. Otherwise a lovely family book.
5 people found this helpful
on 18 April 2013
Wonderful.
A Beautifully illustrated book telling the tales of old. This book is for all ages.
One to keep and treasure.
on 10 July 2015
brilliant!
on 4 February 2011
We bought this for our three year old daughter's birthday. She is keen on books and I am keen on the moments we spend together reading them, especially at bedtime.

DVD's and some of the more creative modern forms of children's books (jigsaw puzzles, magnets et all) are all well and good, and something I would not deny her.

However classic stories, produced in a beautiful standard form will always without and we are both not disappointed.

Due to the shorter size of some of the Fables she can usually obtain that extra story/5 minutes before sleep that she craves. While I get the interaction, classical nod and interaction that I desire.

The book is comprehensive but instantly accessible. Beautifully produced and designed and therefore I highly recommended you purchase it. It is one that will bring both instant enjoyment and joy on each revisit.
9 people found this helpful
on 24 September 2010
There are a lot of Aesop's Fables books out there but this new hardback is really stunning. The stories are simply and eleganty re-told and the artwork is really lovely. What I like most of all is the way that it has been set out - its really beautifully put together and the details and care that have gone into it are great. This is a classic and would make a perfect gift for a child, definitely worth spending your money on.
13 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2012
The book was received very quickly and in perfect condition as I am accustomed to with Amazon. Although not all the fables are included, the extensive collection are well set out and very attractively illustrated. Well worth the price.
on 12 December 2011
This book has a lot of stories in it, however they have all been been extremely analysed so that you do not get the juice out of the stories.The stories are too short. Not fun to read.