Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£10.99|
Save £0.84 (8%)
Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Good news: I'm teachable and growing.
Better news: Adversaries into Allies is a handy reference guide.
Adversaries into Allies is a series of life lessons on becoming an Ultimate Influencer. The chapters are really short – so you can read one a day for a few months if you want. This is how I use the book with my teenage sons. They take turns reading a chapter on the way to school and we talk about it. They actually love that kind of stuff. (And besides, I billed it to them as "How to Be Popular" training.)
What I appreciate about this book is that it’s not just about influencing and persuading others; it’s doing so the *right way* so that people feel good about themselves the situation, and about you. This is a departure from many books I've read on influencing, especially in the realm of eeking out a sale.
Remember, You are NOT effective if you have to lead by coercion or manipulation!
In ADVERSARIES into ALLIES, you’ll learn how to simply and effectively master the Five Principles of Ultimate Influence
1. Control your own emotions
2. Understand the clash of belief systems (This will keep you from taking things personally)
3. Acknowledge their ego (This lesson helped free me from my desire to humiliate those who are very egotistical!)
4.Set the proper frame
5. Communicate with tact and empathy
After he briefly explains these five, Bob Burg then takes you through real-world, practical examples that will show you how truly become a master of “people skills.”
In the end, your life and work ventures will be more fun and profitable.
I really enjoy this book, and perhaps since the chapters are so short, the ideas come back to me frequently when I'm dealing with people. I can't imagine a library WITHOUT all of Bob's books. They are among my all time most helpful favorites, and I read a LOT.
"Adversaries Into Allies" reminded me of my experience reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People" many years ago. It provides uncommon wisdom that can help virtually anyone have greater influence as a leader. But it feels even more relevant for the 21st century, not just because the stories and examples are newer, but because it's more consistent with some of today's newer values, such as authenticity, transparency, humor, and flexibility.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Call Centre Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Business Life
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Sales Techniques
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Finance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Marketing & Sales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Self-Help