on 20 August 2017
A so-so book.
on 9 August 2012
Crockett Johnson's "Harold The Purple Crayon" books are absolutely fantastic. I loved them as a kid, and though they're nearly 60 years old, they're absolutely timeless. Be warned though, you really want only the Crockett Johnson books and not the nasty, colourised new versions that completely miss the style and the point of the originals.

This little compilation of 4 of the original Harold books is delightful, and recently became a "book of the week" on [...]

The tale of a little boy and his magic crayon, and how he draws the world around him packed full of adventure and exploration.

If you can find this anywhere, it's an absolute treasure.
on 13 December 2012
Harold and the purple crayon was a favourite of mine and my sisters' growing up in the 70s. Our son now loves these stories. I've heard they're releasing an app now, too, so will have to look out for that. This copy was second hand but in very good nick.
on 26 April 2015
Fantastic timeless visual book ....I adored it and most of all my children. The stories inside ( this omnibus has 4 stories) twist and turn with every page as Harold draws the next part of his adventure, generating a sense of excitement and surprise. The accompanying text is also far richer than most preschool books which makes it so rich and so delightful. I wish I had known this book when I was a child!