Advancing Democracy: African Americans and the Struggle for Access and Equity in Higher Education in Texas Paperback – 30 Jan 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Exhibits an engaging, lively writing style. . . . The students and local leaders in this tradition of sacrifice are at the heart of this excellent historical work."
-- "American Historical Review"
About the Author
Amilcar Shabazz is a professor in the department of American studies and director of the African American studies program at the University of Alabama. He is coeditor of The Forty Acres Documents: What Did the United States Really Promise the People Freed from Slavery?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Administration & Organisation
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Higher & Further Education
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > History of Education
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Black Studies