- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Advancing Conversations: Srecko Horvat - Subversion! Paperback – 24 Feb 2017
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Based on rich personal experience and participation in constructive subversion, along with wide reading from classics to the latest dreams of artificial intelligence, Horvat leads us on a whirlwind tour of the maladies and discontents of modern civilization and the many ways to right what is wrong and achieve a better future. --Noam Chomsky, MIT
History has only produced decency when good people infiltrated despotic institutions and succeeded in subverting them, often at a terrible cost to themselves. Horvat explains brilliantly subversion's creative potential, in juxtaposition to isolationism and escapism which are the establishment's best friends. --Yanis Varoufakis, Economist, former Finance Minister of Greece
About the Author
Srecko Horvat is a philosopher and author of more than 10 books, most recently 'The Radicality of Love' (Polity Press, 2015) and 'What Does Europe Want?' (together with Slavoj Zizek, Columbia University Press, 2013). He is one of the founders of Democracy in Europe Movement (DiEM25).