Advanced Supply Chain Management: How to Build a Sustained Competitive Advantage Hardcover – 30 Mar 1999
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Unfortunately in this book, the author is into buzzwords. The author does not explain how to build a sustained competitive advantage. But then again you already know that is not possible. Yes, you can have a competitive advantage in your supply chain - the problem is there is no reason that your competitors can't do the same thing ... so what is sustained? Just some more jive to take advantage of logistics concepts that are as old as Napoleon's army.
Everything worthwhile is in the first couple of chapters - after that it devolves into hypothetical mumbo-jumbo without a supporting case study in sight.
Great if you want to examine the possibilities, but it smacked of the late-90's "any business model is possible" thinking.
Lots of stuff like "in the future, businesses will have to choose who in their supply chain will do all the purchasing for every company, and share costs and revenues". It sounded a lot like Marx's "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
I was looking for practical advice on how to move my company forward. I wasted 2 five-hour flights reading this.
A "must read" if you are serious about transforming your organisation.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-commerce
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Purchasing & Supply
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Purchasing & Procurement
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship