Have one to sell?
Advanced Modern Macroeconomics: Analysis and Application Paperback – 14 Dec 2010
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Advanced Modern Macroeconomics: Analysis and Application
Advanced Modern Macroeconomics provides a back-to-basics approach to macroeconomics. Requiring only a microeconomics background, the book is a comprehensive introduction to macroeconomics that builds the essential elements in a methodologically consistent fashion.
· lays out elements of modern macroeconomics in a comprehensive, general equilibrium and fully accessible way.
· uses a micro-foundation approach so that every graph illustrates the exact example equilibrium that is derived from optimisation.
· allows for a potential paradigm shift in macroeconomics by showing how the basic standard models can explain most crucial elements.
· Applications in each chapter explore policy and how economics explains the real world.
· All mathematical equations used to develop the theory are derived within the text or in appendices.
This book is essential reading for students of macroeconomics courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
About the author
Max Gillman was educated at the University of Chicago, and is a Professor in the Economics faculty at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University. He is also Research Associate at the Institute of Economics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
'Takes the undergraduate student to the frontier of macroeconomic research... a landmark contribution'
Charles Nolan, University of Glasgow
About the Author
Max Gilman is a highly respected Professor of Macroeconomics at Cardiff University and Director of PG studies. He was educated at Chicago University, where Barro and Lucas, the founders of a micro foundation approach to macroeconomics were his PHD supervisors. He has written many research articles on micro foundation approaches to macroeconomics and is well known in research circles such as MMFRG (Money, Macro and Finance Research Group). He is also Research Associate at the Institute of Economics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
There are no customer reviews yet.