Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£18.86

on 29 May 2017
This book is not for beginners. It is designed for those who have a working knowledge of Google AdWords. It is an excellent book. Highly recommended.
on 19 July 2017
Excellent value for money. Very thorough. Best book on ppc I have read.
VINE VOICEon 13 January 2014
I nearly bought the Perry Marshall book but have an earlier edition and was looking for something new: Brad Geddes's book is exactly what I was looking for. I've been running Adwords campaigns since 2005 but needed a refresher to help me reorganise a large account that had got out of hand during the busy pre-Xmas period. This book refreshed by knowledge of the basics and introduced me to many of the aspects that have changed in the meantime. It also offers a step by step process, in the final chapter, to implementing a well organised AdWords campaign.At present, I'm working on my text ads but will move on to the display ads once they're working well - I can't comment on those aspects of the book therefore at present.

My only criticism is that it could do with an update to cover the latest features and the big revamp of the user interface Google has undertaken in the past year or so. Otherwise, superb.
on 29 November 2012
Not too sure why it's called advanced as I think anyone starting out with adwords would find this book very good with comprehensive cover and easy to understand, well written explanations of how to set up adwords from beginning to end starting with keywords right through to testing the ads.

Unfortunately it didn't answer my problem, as I was hoping this second edition would cover PLAs (product listing ads) used for paid-for Google shopping already in operation in the US and soon to be implemented in UK (I think this is the case - but am struggling to find out how any of this is going to work which is why I bought this book!)
on 16 March 2017
Perfect! everything was as advertised and delivered on time. Thank you
on 20 March 2017
The best adwords book out there for advanced users
on 15 September 2015
This is the best book on AdWords currently on the market. I work as a digital marketer and reference this book all the time. It helps me to structure my campaigns. I always have a flick through before testing.
on 3 November 2014
Don't be put of by the use of the word "Advanced" in the title - it actually serves very well as an introduction to using AdWords but with the scope to learn more about how to take your campaigns to the next level.

I cannot fault the content for giving you great ideas and tactics for successful campagins, other than to say I sometimes find the order of the chapters to be a little illogical if you're reading it cover to cover. That said, it's the type of book that you can dip in and out of so it would be unfair of me to rate it down as a result.

Overall, if you're a relative beginner (but perhaps will a basic understanding of PPC principles) then this is a book that's well worth buying.
on 18 December 2016
I've not had that much experience with PPC / Adwords on the whole having only really worked with paid promotion via Social Media and a single Adwords campaign in the past. I'd watched a number of tutorials about the subject and had built a base knowledge of the subject matter prior to buying this book. Overall this book has helped me with my understanding and practical application of Paid Advertising campaigns. Despite the title stating it's for advanced users, it's actually very approachable for anyone with no PPC experience at all. It's well written and is easy to digest due to the layout and chapters. I can definitely recommend this book to those looking to develop a greater understanding of Adwords.
on 21 May 2014
I've struggled with Adwords for some time vs using organic content. The reason? Adwords is a complex tool and costs will escalate and produce poor results if you are not familiar with the best workflows. Brad's book is excellent, really well written and follows a logical progression right through to the more complicated (but important elements) toward the end.

If you have a base knowledge of Adwords, i.e. you understand the value and have an account but you have had no success then there is no better place to progress. This book will put you on the right track. Clearly your business needs to be offering something of value but all things being equal, you will have the best possible chance by reading Advanced Adwords.