- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Advanced Engineering Mathematics Paperback – 28 Feb 2003
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'[E]ntirely fit for purpose.'
-- Times Higher Education Supplement
'[E]ntirely fit for purpose.' - Times Higher Education Supplement
'Stroud is by far and away the best text book for engineering maths. It is excellent for students to use on their own to reinforce what they have seen in class.' - Ester Norton, City College Norwich, UK
'This is quite simply the BEST text in the area' - Justin Whitty, University of Central Lancashire, UK
'I recommend this book for self study by students due to the "step by step" approach.' - Alan Crocker, University of the West of England, UK
Current reviews of the previous edition from amazon.co.uk:
'This book is essential for undergraduates studying an engineering degree course. Stroud's books fill a vast deficit found in most higher level maths text books, i.e. his books fill in procedural gaps other text books assume will be filled in while attending lectures. Stroud does not 'assume', he teaches...'
'This book is extremely useful...[It] has well written and easy to follow chapters on many different areas. To back this up it has useful examples for each section building up from simple cases to more complex exam style questions. This book really is excellent. If you get one maths book for engineering, get this one.'
'To anyone who is about to undertake, or is indeed in the middle of any engineering degree, this book is a must. The layout and style are cleverly designed to keep you working through the chapters. Don't do engineering without a copy.'--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. See all Product description
Top customer reviews
It would be great if Stroud produced another version with the more advanced mathematical concepts and one for advanced statistics.
In any case if you are in your first two years as an Undergraduate in any Engineering course, this series is a must-have!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics > Mathematics for Scientists & Engineers
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics > Scientific & Engineering Mathematics