Advanced Engineering Mathematics Hardcover – 27 Oct 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
I can't say I love it since it's only a school book, but considering what I've seen of it, it looks pretty much like the original version. I liked that it was a paperback cover, but at the same time I do wish there were hardback versions of this. At least I know I got my money's worth. --By Kyoko on August 28, 2013
The international's questions have different questions than the U.S. version (which is what I needed). Actually, the books are exactly the same content and order-wise, but the questions and examples use different numbers. Another example of textbook printers screwing U.S. students over by charging 2+ times the price. --By Luke on September 6, 2014 --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Erwin Kreyszig s Advanced Engineering Mathematics , 9th Edition introduces engineers and computer scientists to advanced math topics as they relate to practical problems.
In today s world of increasingly complex engineering problems, powerful new mathematical and computational methods, and enormous computer capacities, you can get overwhelmed by little things you will only occasionally use. Instead, you need to learn how to think mathematically and gain a firm grasp of the interrelationship among theory, computing, and experiment. That s why Kreyszig s text helps you develop a solid understanding of the basic principles and methods of advanced engineering mathematics in all three phases of problem solving: Modeling, Solving, and Interpreting. This best–selling text is known for its comprehensive coverage, careful and correct mathematics, outstanding exercises, and self–contained chapters.
- New problem sets.
- New Computer Experiments, using the computer as an instrument of experimental mathematics for exploration and research.
- More on modeling and selection methods.
- Accurate and solid theoretical foundation.
- Clear examples and exposition of material.
- Modern and standard notations.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I wish all maths books were this well written!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
arrived on time and as described. could not ask for more.Published 5 months ago by Tonie M. van Dam
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics