Customer reviews

Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years
Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 June 2017
It's another Adrian Mole book, so what's not to like?

Well, not so much really. The humour is what we're used to. I think if I have a complaint it's that Adrian in his 20s seems to be pretty much the same as Adrian at 13 3/4. He writes terrible poetry and thinks that stalking Pandora will win her over, despite the fact that she seems to have become an awful person (at least with regards to how she treats Adrian, though that relationship is so dysfunctional that perhaps who can blame her).

Not the best in the series, but not the worst either.
on 8 November 2014
How I love Adrian. I have a tatty version of all the diaries but for some reason felt moved to buy a whole new set upon Mrs Townsend's death. I just keep returning to him any time I need cheered up. Deceptively cleverly written but so joyously easy to read. Sue you were a genius.
on 1 July 2017
A fun read when taken by itself, the usual wit and humor on display which is as sharp as ever. Most fans agree books 1 and 2 are the best, that's true, but this is still a good addition to the series.
on 22 January 2018
Enjoyable book. Easy read. Just not quite as good as the earlier ones. Good seller however, very swift delivery.
on 18 May 2017
revisiting the Adrian Mole series and I still find them as delightful as I did when they came out.
on 16 May 2017
The only AM book I've read. Enjoyable enough light comedy.
on 7 October 2017
Fascinating, and well written, this is a cracking yarn about our lad, and his deteriorating life. Hysterically funny as usual, this book is well worth the effort.
on 1 June 2013
You can't beat the Adrian Mole diaries, I have enjoyed every single boo. Sue Townsend never disappoints. Adrian is one of my favourite characters.
on 31 December 2015
using these to help my Nepali wife grasp the slang of the Brits, very handy lol
on 29 June 2014
I am a big fan of Sue Townsend, having read most of her books. This book is as good as the others in the series and had me laughing out loud.