- Note that a 30-day free trial does not apply for all Adobe products. All Adobe products available with a trial period are listed at http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Mac)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Key Features:
- Content-Aware Patch - Patch images with greater control using Content-Aware Patch, the latest addition to the Content-Aware family of technologies, which allows you to choose the sample area it will use to create your patch.
- Mercury Graphics Engine and 64-bit support - Count on the new Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine for blazingly fast performance when editing with key tools, and take advantage of cross-platform 64-bit support to speed up imaging tasks and process very large images faster*.
- New and reengineered design tools - Create superior designs fast. Get consistent formatting with type styles, use vector layers to apply strokes and add gradients to vector objects, easily create custom strokes and dashed lines, quickly search layers, and more.
- Intuitive video creation - Bring Photoshop editing power to your video footage. Easily enhance any clip using the full range of familiar Photoshop tools, and create videos using an intuitive set of video tools.
- Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 7 plug-in - Bring out the best in your JPEG and raw files with improved processing and an enhanced control set
- Reveal every detail in the highlights of an image while still retaining rich detail in the shadows
- And much more.
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
- Platform: Mac OS X
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 6
The world’s best digital imaging software, Adobe Photoshop CS6 delivers magic that helps you bring your creative vision to life. Edit raw image files and other photos with state-of-the-art photo editing. Create compelling HDR images, black-and-whites and panoramas. Retouch images with astonishing ease and control. Design anything you can imagine--at amazing speed. Paint and draw naturally and expressively. Put your ideas in motion by intuitively creating stunning videos.
Top Reasons to Buy Photoshop Creative Suite 6
Patch images with greater control using Content-Aware Patch, the latest addition to the Content-Aware family of technologies, which allows you to choose the sample area it will use to create your patch.
Mercury Graphics Engine and 64-Bit Support
Count on the new Mercury Graphics Engine for blazingly fast performance when editing with key tools, and take advantage of cross-platform 64-bit support to speed up imaging tasks and process very large images faster.*
New and Re-Engineered Design Tools
Create superior designs fast. Get consistent formatting with type styles, use vector layers to apply strokes and add gradients to vector objects, easily create custom strokes and dashed lines, quickly search layers, and more.
Intuitive Video Creation
Bring Photoshop editing power to your video footage. Easily enhance any clip using the full range of familiar Photoshop tools, and create videos using an intuitive set of video tools.
Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 7 Plug-In
Bring out the best in your JPEG and raw files with improved processing and an enhanced control set; reveal every detail in the highlights of an image while still retaining rich detail in the shadows; and much more.
All-New Crop Tool
Crop images fast and with greater precision using the all-new, non-destructive crop tool. Manipulate your images on canvas, and take advantage of the Mercury Graphics Engine to see your adjustments happen live.*
Quickly enhance your images with powerful Auto Curves, Levels, and Brightness/Contrast controls. Intelligence from thousands of hand-retouched images is built in to give you a better starting point for making adjustments.
Intelligent Lens Correction
Easily straighten objects that appear curved in panoramas or photos shot with fisheye or wide-angle lenses--and perform automatic lens corrections--using tools that make adjustments based on your lenses' characteristics.
Superior HDR Imaging
Create photo-realistic or surreal HDR images with exceptional speed and control. Get great results with automatic ghost removal, and precisely control tone mapping and adjustments.
Rich Painting Toolset
Simply by painting with presets, get realistic color blends with the Mixer Brush, use Bristle Tips for lifelike strokes, draw naturally with erodible pencils and pastels, easily create the look of an oil painting, and much more.
Tools for Intelligent Selections
Create precise selections and masks, enabling you to easily adjust or preserve skin tones; easily select intricate image elements, such as faces or hair; and more.
Precisely reposition any image element to create a more visually appealing photo. For example, easily straighten an awkwardly bent arm. Powered by the new Mercury Graphics Engine, Puppet Warp lets you edit with fluid responsiveness.*
Background Save and Auto-Recovery
Let the auto-recovery option preserve your edits without interrupting your progress. Keep working even while saving the largest of Photoshop files in the background.
New Blur Gallery
Quickly create photographic blur effects using a simple new interface with on-image controls. Create tilt-shift effects, blur everything and then sharpen one focal point, or vary the blurriness between multiple focal points. The new Mercury Graphics Engine delivers immediate results.*
Dozens of User-Inspired Improvements
Save time with more than 65 new creativity and productivity enhancements that originated as suggestions from Photoshop users via Facebook, Twitter and more.
Work with a fresh, elegant Photoshop interface featuring dark background options that make your images pop, and benefit from hundreds of design touches that create a smoother, more consistent editing experience.
Compatibility with Adobe Mobile Apps
Extend your creativity beyond Photoshop CS6 with Adobe Touch Apps and Photoshop companion apps (sold separately). Intuitive touchscreen features provide ease of use and precise control for a variety of creative tasks.†
* Some GPU-enabled features are not supported on Windows XP.
† Mobile and tablet applications require a separate download and agreement to additional terms. Such applications may not be available in all countries or languages and may be subject to change or discontinuation without notice. Additional fees or subscription charges may apply.
‡ Windows® only. Requires a DisplayPort interface and a 10-bit monitor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom? Does It Work with Photoshop CS6?
Photoshop Lightroom software helps you quickly import, process, manage and showcase volumes of photos. Its tight integration with Photoshop CS6 lets you easily take advantage of unrivaled pixel-level retouching and compositing, giving you a complete professional photography solution.
I use Photoshop. Should I consider stepping up to Photoshop Extended?
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended software delivers everything in Photoshop CS6 plus tools for creating and editing 3D images and performing quantitative image analysis.* Consider Photoshop Extended if your images are used across a variety of media, or if you work in film or video production, architecture, engineering, medicine, scientific research, or manufacturing.
Should I buy Photoshop CS6 or Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard?
Photoshop CS6 is the professional standard for digital image editing. If your work involves creating and sharing images within page layouts, you may want to consider Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, which includes Photoshop CS6 as well as Adobe Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6 and Acrobat X Pro. Smooth integration among the components provides an efficient workflow.
* Adobe Photoshop Extended 3D features and some GPU-enabled features are not supported on Windows XP.
How Does Photoshop CS6 Compare with Previous Editions?
Have a look at this version comparison chart.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Mac)See all Product description
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I primarily use PS for software and web user interface designs and mockups, rather than photo editing or retouching. I work with large documents, dozens or hundreds of layers, and make heavy use of Layer Styles. If your job involves retouching, I'm still sure you'll find many worthwhile new features here (Content-Aware Patch, and Blur Gallery are prime examples), but my own experience naturally focuses on the type of work I do. Here's what I'm most enjoying in CS6:
1. True vector shapes. Shapes created with the various Shape tools now have genuine strokes as well as fills, as you may be familiar with from Adobe Illustrator. These are entirely independent of the Stroke Layer Style. You can apply a colour, gradient or pattern stroke to a shape (or disable the stroke entirely), and you can apply dashed, dotted and even custom line-gap-line-gap styles of line with your own choice of corner types, mitering etc. It opens up a lot of possibilities for scaleable graphic effects without using a lot of layers.
2. Global pixel-snapping. There's finally a global option (in Preferences) to make all vector tools and transforms auto-snap to the pixel grid, for sharp edges. They've also correspondingly refined the relationship between zoom-level and nudging (you can still get the old behaviour too). This saves so much hassle with partial-pixel anti-aliasing mess around the edges of shapes.
3. Layer search. You can now search the Layers palette, by Kind (pixel-based, adjustment, text, shape, or Smart Object), Name, Effect (Layer Style), compositing mode, label colour, and even a host of other properties like visibility, locked status, whether it has a layer mask applied, and more. Layers which don't match your search disappear from the Layers palette until you clear the search. It's incredibly useful, and instantly gets rid of the need to flip Groups open or closed just because you want to, say, copy a Layer Style from a particular layer that's deeply nested.
4. Layer Styles for Groups. You can now apply Layer Styles to Groups (the folders in the Layers palette), as well as to Layers themselves. You can do both, and the styles accumulate. You can achieve some previously pretty much impossible effects with this conceptually simple but incredibly powerful feature. You can even nest Groups and apply Layer Styles to them all, just as you'd want.
5. Editing improvements. You can now click on the canvas to create a shape, as well as dragging the shape out as before. You'll see a dialog letting you enter precise dimensions, which is a huge time-saver. When creating, moving or transforming shapes you'll see a mini-display beside the mouse pointer, showing appropriate information like width and height, or horizontal and vertical movement. Much nicer than having to watch the Info palette out of the corner of your eye while mousing around.
6. Speed. PS CS6 is noticeably faster to launch than CS5, and interactive effects are similarly faster. It also saves files in the background, so there's no delay before continuing work (you can switch that off too, if you like - which you might want to if you're saving enormous files regularly, or over the network).
It really seems to me that Adobe have (for once!) focused on improving the core features of Photoshop, rather than just adding esoteric things that only a handful of users will ever touch. CS6 is better in almost every way for about 70% of the stuff I do. I can recommend it without hesitation.
As a hobbyist photographer I only scratch the surface of it's might.
As a pensioner I wince at the price
Hardly a day goes by when I don't use it and at the time of writing this, I am not aware of anything else that comes even close.
Most recent customer reviews