Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC Paperback – 5 Jul 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Inducted into the Photoshop Hall of Fame in 2008, Martin Evening is an internationally renowned professional photographer. Working principally on studio-based beauty photography, Martin uses Photoshop to retouch or manipulate to some degree nearly every image he produces. This regular everyday experience with the software has enabled him to gain extensive specialist knowledge of Photoshop.
Further reader resources:
- Martin Evening Photography, London, UK
- Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers website
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) How Martin Evening's book will keep pace with the more frequent changes in Photoshop CC
2) Summary of the book's content
3) What's new in Photoshop CC
As Adobe Photoshop CC will be updated more frequently than previous versions Martin Evening's approach is to provide free bulletin updates in PDF format via the book's companion web site. A new version of the book is planned for each new major release of Photoshop CC combining all the updates into a new book.
The book is comprised of 13 chapters and an index totalling 792 pages. There are 48 more pages than the previous CS6 version. Although there are more pages the new book is slightly thinner than before using a thinner and glossier paper.
The chapter layout in the book remains the same as for CS6; the change in page count between the CC and CS6 version indicates where the most significant book updates are.
1) Photoshop Fundamentals + 2 pages
2) Configuring Photoshop + 4 pages, includes extra information on Retina displays.
3) Camera Raw Processing + 24 pages, most of the changes for Photoshop CC are in Camera Raw.Read more ›
In the end I gave up and asked for (and received) a refund. I am about to order the print version.
I have given the book a five star review because the content deserves it.
Previously I am used to Scott Kelby's books and whilst his style does grate on some people, it didn't bother me too much. He got the point quickly, showed the features the average person would like to use and presented them in a clear fashion. I will be buying the Kelby book when it comes out to replace this.
I find even the layout is a little dated looking to me and the stock photos not that inspiring either but I would have been okay with this if the content had been what I was looking for. It has some good points and there are free videos online accompanying the book plus sections that are from previous versions of the book not included in this book available for free download which is helpful. However it's just not the 'bible of all things photoshop' I was looking for and I think for the inexperienced user, it's not a good place to start.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I may be a Bible but like the Bible it is too dense and does not instruct photographers well.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Almost half the book deals with importing and images, which unless you've had no exposure to Photoshop in any shape or form, is a complete waste of space. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Nadger
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Intermediate & Advanced
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation