Customer reviews

on 15 September 2001
When I received this book I was excited, for I wanted to learn how to master Adobe Photoshop 6. I am familiar with the basics and interface, though it took me a couple of long months to understand the basics and I am now confident in learning the special effects in depth. Like image editing and water effects amazes me.
Adobe Photoshop Master Class is for beginners and intermediate level. Really for anybody who is willing to learn more complex techniques. John Paul Caponigro cleverly shows the techniques at a high level of complexity. I easily picked up the techniques and it is easy to digest. Section after section until you have tackled all the tutorials with ease and with confidence. 'But at first you don't succeed try, try again'. You can easily come back and continue where you previously left off. The book is well laid out, with illustrations showing what happens on the screen as you are following the tutorials and contains descriptive simple instructions for you to follow. The start of the book presents the introduction of the basic techniques, refreashing your memory. I like that section because it reminds you of what the concepts turned out like, and it's easy to refer while your mind is elsewhere thinking about something else.
Then there's the main section containing various special effects and new tricks in which you have to follow and complete. I particular like when Caponigro explains the purpose of compositions, why it's relevant etc.
I think it is a great book to purchase, your sure to learn quite a bit and it will occupy your spare time, it's a must for eager learners. It's well presented, easy to refer, easy to pick up, from beginners level onwards to intermediate. It's a must for your collection. Recommended for Adobe Photoshop 6 users.
on 26 April 2015
As always a masterful piece by John Paul, I just like his mind set withwhat he says about creating images.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 June 2004
This guy is a pro. I am talking about the author of this book...... . This book is the definite Masterclass for PS and shows you what you can achieve. I would not recommend it to beginners. We're talking about professional techniques here..... .