- Note that a 30-day free trial does not apply for all Adobe products. All Adobe products available with a trial period are listed at http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (PC/Mac)
- Extensive workflow support - Transfer and work with large volumes of photographs with ease. Automated features help speed the downloading, importing, and renaming of files and let you easily apply global adjustments to photographs
- Nondestructive editing - Enjoy robust support for more than 140 camera raw formats, and experiment with confidence. Adjustments you make to images in Lightroom won't alter the original data, whether you're working on a JPEG, TIFF, DNG, or camera raw file.
- Professional editing tools for making global adjustments - Fine-tune your photographs with precise, easy-to-use tools for globally correcting white balance, exposure, tone curves, lens distortion, and color casts.
- Simple yet powerful tone curve editor - Precisely control the tonality and contrast of your images by individually targeting highlights, midtones, and shadows using sliders and visual controls.
- Efficient image viewing, evaluation, and comparison - Browse, evaluate, and select your images with efficient, flexible viewing and comparison tools.
- Elegant, uncluttered interface - Ease the learning curve and be productive quickly. Task-oriented modules whisk you through typical workflow tasks by putting just the tools you need at your fingertips.
- Fast, high-quality printing - Quickly and visually format high-quality prints, whether working with one photo or 100, on one page or many. Recall your favorite layouts with saved presets and enjoy speedy output, even of large files
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
- Platform: Windows XP, Mac OS X
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom software is the professional photographer's essential toolbox, providing one easy application for managing, adjusting, and presenting large volumes of digital photographs so you can spend less time in front of the computer and more time behind the lens.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In terms of the package, I keep on finding new features which are really useful. Recent discoveries have been the automatic generation of webpages, the ability to save "snapshots", comparison of before and after versions of images, red-eye and cloning/healing tools, etc, etc. And I'm discovering the power of the "develop" module in the manipulation of images. And I love the contact print facility.
It isn't perfect and it is a bit "clunky" in places, but I'd have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody who wants to do any significant processing of RAW images.
However, I'd strongly recommend buying a separate book describing the functionality (more expenditure!). There is so much functionality in the package that it will take years to find it all without some kind of help. I bought Martin Evening's book, which seems pretty good, but I guess that they will all tell you much the same things.
The good: (1) The `Recovery' and `Fill' sliders salvage detail from burned out highlights and blocked shadows - this is non-destructive in RAW. (same idea as the Shadow/Highlights too in CS2). A fantastic tool, very powerful.
(2) The `Vibrance' slider is like a `smart' Saturation slider, it only saturates colours which are not heavily saturated already. The `Saturation slider' would affect skin tones, this doesn't. (3) I gave up B/W photography 20 years ago, this has got me interested again. Converting colour to B/W generally looses a lot of cloud detail in a blue sky - not here, this is incredible, and you have complete control. (4) You can now put jpeg's through the same process as RAW, none destructive editing, you can't do this in CS2. (5) Copying the settings of one photo to another is simply a matter of `Copy' and `Paste'
The not so good: my pc was top of the range a little under 2 years ago. With the exception of dual core, there is still nothing to upgrade it to. Lightroom freezes. It freezes on start-up, it freezes in between modules. (for some, not all). To release it after it has frozen I had to CTRL - ALT - DELETE, this would shut down Lightroom, if I loaded it again it froze immediately. So I had to Restart the pc each time it froze.
This could only happen to older pc's with Nvidea graphics cards. I had to download the latest driver for the Nvidea graphics card - I then needed to re-calibrate my monitor. It still froze. I then had to disable the nView desktop manager (Nvidea). It seems to works fine now.
If you have this information, it is done very quickly - it took me 2 days.
Shame on you Adobe, a brilliant product (5 star) sent out for the consumer to test and rectify.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews