- Paperback: 672 pages
- Publisher: Adobe; 1 edition (8 Jun. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780321680709
- ISBN-13: 978-0321680709
- ASIN: 0321680707
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 3.3 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (46 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 526,556 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers Paperback – 8 Jun 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom was designed from the ground up with digital photographers in mind, offering powerful editing features in a streamlined interface that lets photographers import, sort, and organize images. This completely updated bestseller, The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book, was also written with photographers in mind. Author Martin Evening describes features in Lightroom 3 in detail from a photographer’s perspective. As an established commercial and fashion photographer, Martin knows firsthand what photographers need for an efficient workflow. He has also been working with Lightroom from the beginning, monitoring the product’s development and providing valued feedback to Adobe. As a result, Martin knows the software inside and out, from image selection to image editing to image management. In this book you’ll learn how to:
• Work efficiently with images shot in the raw or JPEG format
• Import photographs with ease and sort them according to your workflow
• Create and manage a personal image library
• Apply tonal adjustments to multiple images quickly
• Integrate Lightroom with Adobe Photoshop
• Export images for print or Web as digital contact sheets or personal portfolios
• Make the most of new features in Lightroom 3, such as automatic lens correction and improved noise reduction
Photographers will find Lightroom 3―and The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book―indispensable tools in their digital darkrooms.
“With Martin’s expert guidance, you’ll soon find that you have precisely the tools you need to turn your concentration back where it belongs―on making better pictures!”
―George Jardine, Lightroom instructor
“As a photographer himself, Martin Evening knows what tools photographers need to realize their creative vision. In this book, he shows not only how Adobe Photoshop Lightroom works but also why it will become an essential part of any photographer’s workflow.”
―Greg Gorman, photographer
This book’s companion site, www.thelightroombook.com, offers video tutorials, articles, sample images, and updates from author Martin Evening.
About the Author
Martin Evening is a London-based advertising and fashion photographer and noted expert in both photography and digital imaging. In addition to being a bestselling author, Martin is sought after for speaking and lecturing and in 2008 was inducted into the NAPP Photoshop Hall of Fame. He also works with the Photoshop and Lightroom engineering teams, consulting on new feature development and alpha and beta testing. He is one of the founding members of PixelGenius, a software design company producing automated production and creative plug-ins for Photoshop.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As usual, Martin Evenings style is relaxed, chatty, clearly written and very informative, with useful examples to supplement the theory. I have to admit that I struggled to detect differences in a few of the before and after images, however this must be down to the printing process (and my ageing eyes). Perhaps more of the examples could be made available for download to assist readers in the identification of differences.
I found that the section on sharpening and noise reduction could have been a little more comprehensive, but note Martin's reference to the Real World Sharpening book by Bruce Fraser and Jeff Schewe. This tome extends to 360 pages, and in fairness, the objective of this manual is to describe LR3 and not provide an exhaustive explanation of every underlying theory.
In a nutshell, in my opinion Martin Evening still wears the crown for the Lightroom manual, and by a considerable distance. It is a great initial read, obviously massively useful for reference purposes, and worth every penny.Read more ›
Martin Evening seems to have an encyclopedic knowledge of LR3 with structured and clear examples of all the processes contained in the software. There are very useful 'tips' and 'notes' within the chapters which add a layer of understanding behind the methods and procedures discussed. LR3 is quite a beast and to the uninitiated could be quite daunting - Mr Evening breaks everything down with clarity removing this issue - well I thought so anyway.
I especially found the BW section useful and I am now using it in conjunction with the approach of Scott Kelby.
As I'm in a unique position of reading both authors on LR I would note that what Mr Evening lacks in humour (in comparison to Mr Kelby) he gains in explaining aspects of LR in more depth. The difference between the two is a matter of taste - as both author's seem to get to the same point but talking a different route. As a result I am in the position of using both author's approaches to develop my photos - which isn't a bad thing.
To conclude I would recommend this book - its very thorough and the author knows his stuff.
When Adobe announced the third version of Lightroom 3 software I gave it one more try. Huge difference ! With inclusion of camera profiles and a better RAW engine, differences between NX2 and this software are now minimal. So I bought it and used ever since because of better speed and catalog management features that makes it invaluable IMO. One drawback: a slight magenta cast thrown in shadows, but this is easily corrected via camera profiling (read on).
However, with power comes no-knowledge so I had to get myself some reference reading. Thus I bought this book some months ago and now, after I have finised reading it in detail, I think a proper review is mandatory. This is a perfect companion for your Lightroom steps, so I recommend it within my heart.
The book is dedicated to Bruce Fraser and I was impressed by the quality of the content within the 649 pages (print- and information-wise). The book does not come with a DVD, but is full of valuable examples, workflows, commented processing steps and updated content for Lightroom 3.
Content in brief:
1.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
brand new book with a few pages cornered for postage plus 1p what more could you want?Published 16 days ago by alby
There is a lot of information which is helpful but it is a dip in rather than a step by step guidePublished on 20 July 2013 by Al us Rite
I have still to read all the advice in this manual but what subjects I have read are well explained.Published on 15 Jan. 2013 by Mr. R. L. Shotter
Lightroom is a substantial piece of software with considerable capabilities. While it is unlikely that anyone without previous experience of the post-processing of digital images... Read morePublished on 29 May 2012 by BCB
item sent as described and shown on picture; I bought it as a present for my husband and he uses this book very often now; says it's very practical on each stage of your work with... Read morePublished on 12 Mar. 2012 by Anna B-G
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Manipulating & Editing Photographs
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation