on 21 January 2010
This proved impossible to install without purchasing "the missing manual". The supplied documentation is woefully inadequate. I have upgraded from V3 to V5 and now v8. Vital html information files are on the CD - but not visible at installation time. For example the upgrade process found an old V3 catalog and this killed any attempt to run the organiser after installation. It is mentioned as a feature in the html file. Finding and deleting the new catalog file eventually cleared the problem. Another example: I have only about 8000 files in my V5 catalog, but launching PSE caused 100% CPU on a higher than recommended processor for 45 minutes before I terminated it; page 610 of my purchased manual identified Auto-Analyser as the problem and suggests how it could be turned off through Edit-Preferences. (I later re-ran it and it monopolised the computer for several hours.)

The provided leaflet suggests you uninstall any trial version first. The joint package for Premiere and Photoshop elements only offered "Premiere" and "Photoshop Trial" on the install menu. Just carry on regardless - there is another opportunity later on!

I suggest anyone upgrading to this identifies the online forum first, buys a manual and allows a day to sort out installation issues. Avoid running it full screen until it is completely working and set up - when it freezes you have space to do research. However, the end result does look as though it could have been worth the effort.
4 people found this helpful
on 13 September 2010
My hobbies include 3D art and general image editing. I bought this product mainly because I had misplaced my copy of Photoshop CS (Since Found) after a re-install.

Unlike the earlier versions of Photoshop Elements, this version has been modified to suite the less knowlegable and so for those of us that can use programmes like Photoshop CS is not so versatile.

Nonetheless it is an extremely powerful piece of software and is very good value. Adobe does have good support and the user programme help is very good.

Whilst I don't have too much use for Premier Elements, I can also add that having played with it briefly it seems more than adequate for all sorts of good qaulity DVD creation and editing.
on 13 August 2010
I bought Adobe Elements 8 with Premier Elements because I had used earlier Adobe products finding them good value and relatively straightforward to use. Having migrated to 64 bit Windows 7 my old Pinnacle video editing software was out of date and I felt Elements offered a good combined product. Elements 8 is quite good but no great improvement on much earlier versions. Premier Elements however seems to be the big letdown hardly the intuitive program the advertising would lead you to believe. Having persevered for some time without managing to produce a reasonably short video to an acceptable standard I intent to cut my losses and go back to Pinnacle. Great shame because I am sure if they had tested the product on real people it could have been a world beater.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 December 2009
i used this software on my old windows xp running media player with a tv card built in.premier elements 8 did not run with this tv card,it kept showing windows media player has a problem & needs to close.i tried the help on line.but was unable to fix this problem.Also it was very slow running on my computer which is 4 years old ,but a good spec & top of the range when i purchased it.i have now purchased a new computer.running windows 7.it is better on this.but the new computer has not got a tv card,so i do not know if it would work with a media card or not
on 24 July 2010
I was shocked - the sombre colours depressed me immediately. The text didn't contrast well against the background in some fields. The technology involved, well, I was using better stuff way, way back in the days of Dr Halo. Everything this software can do can be done by age-old programmes I've already got. It was a mistake to think this would be some sort of upgrade. The icons are low-grade and Stone Age. Maybe when I get used to this programme and learn how to wield it better I might adjust this review, but right now, well, you know the rest. Don't they know what sexy is?
on 27 December 2009
I have been using Adobe Photoshop many years ago. Therefore looking for HD film editing software I decided to have a closer look on what Adobe can offer. Since the price was not too high, I bought the whole package - film and photo editing utilities.
The Organizer software added to the Elements allows very nice sorting and (as its name) organizes not only photos but films as well. The `face recognition' function is great at first, but quickly proves to be completely useless. After a few recognitions, it stops working. As many other people I have tried to get help in the matter from Adobe customer service. They replied about 2 weeks after several of my enquiry with generic answer that cannot solve the problem.
Adobe used to be a respectful software developer... used to.

And by the way - save your film projects often since it crashes from time to time.

Knowing then what I know now, would I buy this product...?
Probably not, however the competition doesn't seem to be better in the matter of software stability.
5 people found this helpful
on 31 August 2010
Hi,
I've an up to date lap top, usual stuff 4Gig of RAM, dual core processor, Windows vista. I purchased this product to edit some movies which I'd filmed. Everytime you try and edit a movie the whole system crashes. When you go to the help and support pages right there at the top of the list is many comments about the systems crashing. ADOBE have released a dud product here. Do no waste your time buying this.
Thanks
Oisin
on 11 February 2012
When I tried to use the place a photo on the map view function in PSE 8 it gave a blank screen. According to the Adobe forum the Yahoo supported maps are no longer available so be warned.

[...]
on 19 August 2013
this version of Adobe Photoshop elements 8 and premiere elements 8 bundle is unstable
and found to be unreliable. Not impressed.
on 19 February 2015
just as described really useful quick delivery