on 18 May 2014
I do not usually bother writing reviews at all but I thought this product deserved it. I thought I would take maximum advantage of my student discount before the window closed leaving me to pay 'silly money' for the Acrobat system. I chose this book purely at random. I downloaded the Kindle version of the book and reduced down'' both Acrobat and the 'e'book to accommodate the computer screen (27" Mac). This allowed me to simply 'click' on the book's links to download the learning packages and access other sites. Those with more than one computer might like to work on one and read from another. The book is well laid-out. Being rather older than most, I do not consider myself 'techno nerd', but I found the book very easy and straightforward to read and to follow. It allowed me to navigate into areas and to perform functions I never even knew existed and to create a variety of forms from 'scratch'. I would recommend this book for those who, like me, start as Adobe novices. I feel that I have received a good return for my money and would congratulate the author on producing an excellent piece of work.
on 10 December 2012
Out of all the Adobe Classroom in a Book series, I think this one rates just slightly more highly than the rest. If you feel a little nervous about building your first website, this books holds your hand and guides you through a painless process. If, like me,
you don't like code, then this is the book for you.
on 10 August 2013
For me, it fell into the common trap of using far too much peripheral information. I was bored stiff before it got to the essential point. Nor did it (or at least I didn't find where it did so) answer the particular problem I had. Trial and enter (or simply googling) provided more useful results.
on 18 February 2013
The subject content is too basic. It really only 'scratches' the surface. Too much on the workspace, anybody who has used Adobe products before will be able to find their way around this easily. A lot of unnecessary content, fonts colours etc. This book is aimed at designers, surely the target audience will be very adept in these?
on 31 August 2017
Happy with book and price but 18 days to deliver from UK is stretching it.
on 4 June 2014
For somebody starting from scratch it is a good book, well presented and thought out. However, I have been using Acrobat for many years and I wanted to learn some of the more esoteric features, it didn't help much with those.
on 22 April 2013
Worth the money to get you up and running
Better than an ebook because you get the cd to work from
on 7 April 2013
As with all Adobe's Classroom in a Book series, it is well worth the money. It takes the reader from beginner to intermediate level within one book. You can't ask for more than that! Highly recommended!!
on 6 September 2013
I have purchased many books on Kindle and enjoyed the convenience of the Kindle reader, but I would never, ever buy this type of book as a Kindle download again, mainly because of the amount time wasted going back and forth between related sections. I would however highly recommend the paperback version or even a downloaded version if your eBook reader has a print facility.
on 3 July 2014
I am stuck with Adobe Acrobat X1 on our computer and I wish I could get the previous version back as it was very simple to use. This current version was 'got at' by computer geeks with too much time on their hands and is way too complicated for ordinary people. This book was along the same lines. The writer lost me in no time and I did not know what he was on about! It was returned in no time at all. Adobe Acrobat X1 wont be going on our new lap top if I can help it....