- Paperback: 1032 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (22 Jun. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470119381
- ISBN-13: 978-0470119389
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 5.3 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,929,914 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Adobe InDesign CS3 Bible Paperback – 22 Jun 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"It features plenty of helpful screenshots and tips to help you get the most from the package." ( Twohundredby200, October 2007)
From the Back Cover
Publish anything in print or online here′s the whole story
Whether you′re designing a complete book, creating an eye–catching ad, or producing your own newsletter, InDesign can make the job easier and more professional. More than a software how–to, this essential reference guides you through the complete process of publishing a document from start to finish. If you′re a veteran of previous versions, here′s the fast track to every upgrade; if you′re a recent InDesign convert, everything you need to get going is right here.
- Develop stunning layouts using the new lighting effects
Create flexible business documents with text variables, TOCs, and more
Apply rich formatting to text and tables with enhanced style and typography tools
Build Web pages and eBook files to refine in your Web editor
Simplify workgroup operations with InCopy
Apply colors and gradients with quick and easy methods
Choose from a variety of effects to get exactly the right look
Manipulate text and images with expert attention to detail
Companion Web site
Visit www.indesigncentral.com for additional tools, updates, resources, tips, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
This book is not for the novice (Me).
It is very detailed in it's explanation of terms and is aligned at the user who has a good working knowledge of InDesign CS3 .
This is not for the feint hearted as it is a very thick book 988 pages.
I'm sure after 12 months I may be able to purchase this again and use the knowledge contained init to brush up my InDesign knowledge.
As for now, it has been returned as it is far too complex for me.
Other users may find it it great and give it 5 stars, me, 2 stars as it is too complicated and long winded.
Have bought InDesign CS3 Visual Quickstart Guise by Sandee Cohen (Easier, less detailed and a very good reference book).
1. This book is not for beginners (me).
2. This book seems to contain inconsistencies, even in the quick start section (I have not been able to get past it).
3. You will not be able to read the quick start section and go to that job interview the next day and demonstrate an ability to use Indesign (as the book promises - I cancelled the interview).
4. The screenshots are almost entirely in poor quality b&w and you need to have 50/50 magnifying vision to see them - preferably with a high-powered light box!
5. That being said, if I ever do find a manual to teach me the basics, no doubt I will visit this massive volume from time to time for reference.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
For whom is this book? Really, for very wide auditory of InDesign users. I can recommend this books to people who consider themselves as beginners or advanced users of this program. This books will be also helpful to any designer making the switch from QuarkXpress to InDesign. Using the side-by-side comparison of features is much faster than trying to find the answers online, because in order to look up how to do something, you have to know what it's called in InDesign. With this book, you don't.
In fact, Bibles are the most convenient form of explaining of what software does that I've ever seen.
You have all information under your hand in any time of night and day. And users of Microsoft Vista will be very exited as book stays up-to-date. Book is written as for Windows users, as for Macintosh ones.
This Bible will sit next to you all day long. You can read it front to back and use it as a reference during your projects. And this book is worth it if you have or plan to purchase CS3, upgrade to CS3 or want to know more about InDesign CS3.
This book represents an excellent value. You will find anything you wanna in this book: starting from creating frames and using tables, applying color, special effects, working with images, master pages, using grids, and guides, shapes up to small color management course and output fundamentals.
If you just started with InDesign, most likely you not familiar with such terms as "leading", "kerning", "bleeds", "slugs" or other typographical terms mean, but you won't be lost in the jargon any longer. This book will bring you on right level with fine explanations.
End of the book represents summary of what we found out in whole book. Or from other hand maybe it's exactly the place to start read this book for people who just switched from QuarkXPress or PageMaker to InDesign. You can also in once to remember the most usable short cuts that will save you a plenty of time in future (in real there is 10 pages of short cuts but just start from couple and in time you will remember them all).
The most easy way to study yourself smth - just to start. Make some fake project for yourself and how to make it - this book will tell you. And i'm sure that after a couple of projects you will feel yourself almost a pro in InDesign CS3 (previous and versions that will follow, because main part of using program you will already know as 2x2).
I advice you also to pay attention to end of book to chapter number VIII and IX. If you familiar a bit with programming you will see the true value in chapter number X.
So, if you searching for good InDesign CS3 reference, put your finger on this Bible.
P.S. - If you just came from QuarkXpress, i would also recommend you other book of Galen Gruman "QuarkXPress to InDesign: Face to Face"
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation