- Note that a 30-day free trial does not apply for all Adobe products. All Adobe products available with a trial period are listed at http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads.
Adobe Illustrator 9.0 Windows Edition
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Provides support for exporting files to Flash (SWF) format and to the scalable vector graphics (SVG) standard
- Specify pixels as a global measurement unit for sizing, editing, and laying out your artwork
- Convert type and graphic objects to editable rectangular or elliptical shapes
- New palette lets you apply transparency to any graphic object, bitmap image, or type character
- Offers integration with Photoshop, GoLive 5, and LiveMotion
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Platform: Windows 95 / 98 / NT / 2000
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
There are three choices for anyone wanting to create vector illustration on a PC or Mac--Corel Draw 9, Macromedia Freehand 9 and Adobe Illustrator 9. This latest release of Illustrator puts in on equal terms as far as version numbers are concerned, in every other respect it far surpasses what the competition has to offer.
The big issue for existing users has always been transparency. Because it is not supported by PostScript this has always been a problem for vector packages. Illustator 9 allows you to apply transparency to layers, groups and individual objects including bitmaps and type. Individual letters, words or entire paragraphs can be made transparent and the text is not converted to paths and so remains fully editable.
Live feathering, one of a number of new features known collectively as layer or live effects, allows you to create soft edges of the kind that were previously only possible in bitmap editors like Photoshop. Live effects change the appearance of objects, groups, or layers without affecting the underlying artwork, so you can edit or remove the effect at any time, and edit the underlying object.
Illustrator 9 introduces new tools for Web authoring. Flash export options closely match those available in Freehand 9, allowing you to easily create layer based animations. Similar support is provided for the new SVG standard for Web vector images. There's also a Photoshop-style Web optimisation module for bitmap export.
New lasso tools, improved integration with other Adobe products, live shapes, graphic styles, Web safe RGB workflow and better pdf integration complete the most comprehensive upgrade in Illustrator's history. --Ken McMahon
Adobe Illustrator 9.0 expands your creative freedom and enhances your productivity with its new Web graphics tools, versatile transparency capabilities, powerful object and layer effects, and other innovative features. Now you can use these fast, flexible tools to transform your creative ideas into sophisticated graphics for use on the Web, in print, or in dynamic media projects.