Adobe GoLive CS: Tips and Tricks Paperback – 6 Jul 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
GoLive CS is more than just a simple Web authoring tool: As part of Adobe's new Creative Suite (which includes Photoshop and Acrobat), it's a key component of an overall Web workflow that lets you work seamlessly among all of your graphics applications to create spectacular Web sites. This info-packed guide lets users get right down to doing by focusing on just the GoLive features they're mostly like to use and showcasing each in a stand-alone tip--complete with a relevant hint or two and a graphic example. In this fashion, you learn as you go, exploring the program in a way that makes sense to you. Before you know it, you'll be importing layered Photoshop files into GoLive, creating PDF files from within the GoLive environment, and using the visual layout grid and Cascading Style Sheets to turn out fluid, beautiful Web pages. Also covered are all of GoLive CS' new features: better coding tools, on-the-fly style rendering, and more.
About the Author
Adam Pratt and Lynn Grillo are both Application Engineers at Adobe and have extensive experience using, teaching, supporting, and documenting Adobe GoLive and all of Adobe's Creative Suite Products. Their work involves speaking at conferences such as Seybold and Comdex and they are Adobe Certified Experts in GoLive and many other Adobe applications.
Top Customer Reviews
No - This is how it should be, vital and useful tips that are straight forward, easy to find, easy to read, easy to follow, with pictures, all of which will make you look like you know what you're doing.
Well done those guys! (Adam Pratt & Lynn Grillo), go get a job with Adobe and re-write that GoLive CS Classroom in a Book the same way.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Being a Senior Web Developer and College Instructor, I highly recommend this book and give it 5 stars.
The contents pages show a titular summary of the tips. Given that GoLive is from Adobe, it's no surprise to see an emphasis on the visual presentation of the pages. Typical is a tip about writing links in PDF documents, or another tip about converting an HTML file, and any associated referenced images, into a single PDF document. Of course, there are also several tips involving Adobe's flagship Photoshop.
Overall, the tips seem straightforward to understand and do. This appears to have been a deliberate choice by the authors. The book is most useful if you already have the basics of GoLive. A good companion to a standard text on GoLive.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office > Word Processing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Website Design
- Books > Reference > Consumer Guides