- Note that a 30-day free trial does not apply for all Adobe products. All Adobe products available with a trial period are listed at http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads.
This item is currently unavailable.
Adobe Flash Pro CS6, Student and Teacher Edition (Mac) [Download]
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
- Easy-to-use screen-based design tools - Quickly create, edit, and optimize your designs, web and mobile mock-ups, and more with easy-to-use vector and bitmap graphics tools.
- Sophisticated prototyping - Design interactive layouts for websites and mobile apps without writing code. Export multipage, clickable comps as CSS3-based layouts.
- Industry-standard CSS support - Extract CSS code and create sprites with the CSS Properties panel. Design complete web pages and export complete layouts with external style sheets in one step.
- jQuery mobile theme skinning support - Create jQuery Mobile themes from existing templates and CSS sprite images for mobile websites and applications.
- CSS and HTML export - Design complete web pages in a robust graphic environment, and then export standards-compliant, CSS-based layouts - with external style sheets - in one step.
There is a newer version of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
- Platform: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Media: Software Download
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Student & Teacher Eligibility Requirements
Please be aware that you must be an eligible student or teacher to use this Adobe product. Read the Adobe eligibility conditions.
Adobe Flash Professional CS6 software is a powerful authoring tool for creating animation and multimedia content. Leverage extensive integration with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects software. With pixel-precise drawing tools, professional typography, efficient coding features, high-quality video, and sprite sheet generation, you can deliver immersive interactive experiences that present consistently to audiences practically anywhere.
Flash Professional CS6 Highlights
- Expand your reach across devices and platforms—Reach devices that run on Android and iOS platforms by targeting the latest Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR runtimes. Deliver apps with a prepackaged Adobe AIR captive runtime for a better user experience, and access device-specific capabilities with prebuilt native extensions.
- Design and develop immersive games—Improve your game development workflow with the sprite sheet generation tool.
- Industry-leading animation tools—Create and edit motion tweens using the Timeline and Motion Editor, and use inverse kinematics to create natural motion for character animation.
- Advanced drawing tools—Design artwork more precisely and efficiently with smart shapes and powerful design tools.
- Efficient mobile development workflows—Manage FLA project files that target multiple devices. Share code and assets across documents and device targets to efficiently create, test, package, and deploy content for a wide range of screens and devices.
|Flash Professional Comparison Chart|
|Sprite sheet generation||x|
|Prepackaged Adobe AIR applications||x|
|Platform- and device-specific access||x|
|Adobe AIR mobile simulation||x|
|Adobe AIR 3.2 support||x|
|Pinning support for inverse kinematics||x||x|
|Copying and pasting of layers||x||x|
|On-device mobile testing over USB||x||x|
|Auto-save and file recovery||x||x|
|Enhanced performance for mobile content||x||x|
|Streamlined Publish Settings dialog box||x||x|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I run content created with Flash Professional on the iPhone?
A: Content created with Adobe Flash Professional can be published to Adobe AIR for iOS, which can then be distributed on the Apple iTunes Store.
Q: What’s the difference between Flash Professional CS5.5 and Flash Professional CS6?
A: Flash Professional CS6 software features new support for generating sprite sheets for better game development. Deliver apps with a prepackaged Adobe AIR captive runtime so users don’t need to download additional software on their desktops, access device-specific capabilities with prebuilt native extensions, and simulate common mobile application interactions. Target the latest Adobe Flash Player and AIR runtimes for enhanced game performance as well as Android and iOS device platforms.
Q: How do game developers use Flash Professional?
A: Flash Professional CS6 software features intuitive drawing tools and powerful motion capabilities. Generate sprite sheets for better game development and performance, and deliver apps with a prepackaged Adobe AIR captive runtime, which allows developers to reach a wider audience since players don’t need to download additional software.
Top New CS6 Features
Wide platform and device support—Reach devices that run on Android and iOS platforms by targeting the latest Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR runtimes.
Sprite sheet generation—Export symbols and animation sequences to quickly generate sprite sheets that help improve the gaming experience, workflow, and performance.
Prepackaged Adobe AIR application creation—Create and deliver applications with a prepackaged Adobe AIR captive runtime. Streamline application testing and enable end users to run your content without additional downloads.
Platform- and device-specific access—Use prebuilt native extensions that provide access to platform- or device-specific capabilities, such as battery level and vibration.
Adobe AIR mobile simulation—Simulate common mobile application interactions like screen orientation, touch gestures, and accelerometer to help speed up testing.
Stage 3D targeting—Turbocharge rendering performance by using direct mode to leverage the open source Starling Framework for hardware-accelerated 2D content.
Multiple AIR SDK support—Add multiple Adobe AIR software development kits (SDKs) with a menu command that helps you create new publishing targets more easily.