* One of the first comprehensive books to cover Photoshop cs (image-editing), Illustrator cs (drawing), InDesign cs (layout and graphic design), GoLive cs (Web design), Acrobat Professional (document distribution), and Version Cue (the new file management application) all in one volume * Tackles issues that arise every day for a designer, showing how to manage workflow among these integrated applications * Topics covered include developing consistent color-managed workflows, moving files among the cs applications, preparing files for print or the Web, repurposing documents, and much more * Ted Padova is an internationally known author, speaker, university instructor, and service-bureau owner who has become an expert with Adobe software during the past sixteen years
From the Back Cover
If Adobe Creative Suite can do it, you can do it too ...
Photoshop® CS, Illustrator® CS, InDesign® CS, GoLive® CS, Acrobat® Professional, and Version Cue, the new file management application, are designed to work together as a fully integrated suite of tools. As a design professional, youre no doubt proficient in one or more of them already. This is the "big picture" book that teaches you how to move among the applications and use them as intended. Youll learn to integrate and manage workflows that will make you not only a better designer, but a more productive one.
Inside, youll find complete coverage of Adobe Creative Suite
See all Product description
- Build a design workflow that meets your objectives
- Use new tools for versioning documents and creating consistent color across the CS programs
- Create objects in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, or edit images in Photoshop and import them into other applications
- Implement new CS features for setting and using type
- Work with files that originated in MS Office programs and were imported into the CS applications
- Develop consistent color–managed workflows that involve colleagues and clients in project review
- Rework or "repurpose" documents created in one CS application for use in others
- Manage file delivery issues related to digital rights, Web hosting, and replicating CD–ROMs
- Prepare files for commercial prepress or printing to composite printers