Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:£10.60 - £39.99

on 23 March 2010
It is frustrating, has reduced my nine year old to tears, my sixteen year old using language that should not said in front of his mother, and me a tad over 21 sulking like a five year old, but we love it and even after having it for over two months one of us is always playing with it. Some times we leave it for days but its like it calls to you and you just have to give it another try to see if you can get a little further. It really is addictive but is so much fun. I gave up smoking just before we got it and it helped as it gave my hands something to do and while concentrating on this i could forget about cravings. It also provides a great source of amusement as anyone who comes to our home gives it a try and it is always fun to see grown men reduced to petulant five year olds while exclaiming there must be something wrong with it. If you want to get your kids something that does not need batteries or needs to be plugged in then this is the one for you.
22 Comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2011
This puzzle is frustrating but compelling. It kept the whole family entertained for hours and not one of us has got to the end yet. Even the dog took a liking to it and loved chasing it around the room when no one was playing with it and its servived hard knocks and a robust terrier completely unscathed.

Now if we want to play with it we have to wrestle and fend off the dog first!!

Good toy.
on 30 October 2010
Don't buy this for kids, almost impossible for the average adult! But lots of great, annoying kind of fun - Has ended up as a family toy that's picked up and used as a competition to see how far each of us can get - tip-follow the numbers!
on 7 January 2011
There are lots of other reviews about what Addictaball is like so I thought I'd address the Addictaball versus Perplexus debate that the 1-star reviewer has highlighted. Since my daughter has the Perplexus Maze Game by PlaSmart, Inc. and I've just given an Addictaball as a present, I think I'm reasonably qualified to comment. First, this (ie, large) Addictaball product is not an exact copy of the Perplexus becuase Perplexus has only 100 stages whereas the Addictaball runs to 138 - the small Addictaball does have 100 stages, though. Is Addictaball a rip off? Well, the Perplexus inventor (Michael McGinnis) certainly believes it is, if you accept his comment at the Techblog site (Google "Techblog Addictaball"). Setting legality aside, because McGinnis presumably would have sued if he had the copyrights or patents in place, whether you choose Perplexus or Addictaball probably comes down to personal integrity. Both puzzles do what they advertise and are particularly good when you have a number of house guests, amongst whom the puzzle ball can be passed. Great for hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills, as the blurb suggests, but I'm less certain about the educational value. Little use for children who are too young because the ball tends to fall off the track so quickly and so often for them that they become frustrated and lose interest. I would say for kids 11 and up, unless your child is particularly determined or adept. As to durability, treated with some care, this product should be fine. But don't try playing basketball with it on a hard floor and don't drop anything heavy on it - if you do either you're likely to wind up with a cracked orb. Buyers with smallish hands may find the orb a little tricky to pick up and control with one hand. For the record, I'd give the Perplexus 4 stars. Addictaball I'm docking 2 stars for absence of originality.
33 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2010
I will keep this to a short review as that is all that is needed. The is a great little gift for all ages i purchased this for a 34 year old as a novelty item. Weeks later it is still driving him nuts although his kids find it as enjoyable.

This is a great item and relitivley innexpensive.
on 16 July 2012
The addictaball is of reasonable design for the money. Colourful and of good educational value, but the quality was not of great consideration when being designed and made as the actual outside is quite thin. You can push the plastic in a bit too much. It needs to be a little less flexible a bit flimsy. If you have the money I would go for the better puzzle ball as it is very strong and robust. We have both. So decided to go for a cheaper option for my 2 little boys around 6 yrs. If the better one was a bit cheaper we would have defiantly gone for those instead especially as we wanted 2. Hope this helps whom ever reads this.
on 13 September 2010
Just THE best toy for xmas or birthdays! I bought for my friend's 16th birthday and her dad took it away, coming down a couple of hours later shouting eureka! Brilliant.
on 4 June 2010
Bought this for my nephew who is seven and he was quite excited and started playing straight away. Not easy but keeps his concentration levels up.
on 3 March 2011
I bought the addictaball for my son who is eight, it kept him quiet for hours as it also did for my six year old, my husband and also me! it's not called an 'addict' aball for nothing, a great way to get the kids off all the electronic games and a reasonable price too.
on 17 January 2017
These maze ball games were a huge hit this christmas for all the kids, nieces and nephews. The addictaball is much more cost effective than the other brands and not really that much different in quality (certainly a lot easier to wrap!) EVERYONE spent days playing these (adults & kids) - fantastic travel game as well.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Top Rated