- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Virgin Books; New Ed edition (8 Jun. 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0863697054
- ISBN-13: 978-0863697050
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 2.4 x 23.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 52,113 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Actor And The Text Paperback – 8 Jun 2000
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Cicely Berry, Voice Director of the Royal Shakespeare Company, is world-famous for her voice teaching. The Actor and the Text is her classic book, distilled from years of working with actors of the highest calibre.
Building on the specific exercises covered in her first book, Voice and the Actor, Cicely Berry relates the practicality of voice production to the challenges of a different text. And by getting inside the words we use - whether those of Shakespeare or our contemporaries - she shows how to release their energy and excitement for an audience.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Exploring Anxiety & how anxiety will stress vocal coordinations.