on 7 May 2014
This book contains dozens of combinations of paint, gel mediums, surfaces and the like, all creating sparkling and highly-coloured acrylic images. There is a particular emphasis on the use of metal leaf, especially gold and multi-coloured metallics.
It is worth reading through all the techniques, to see how the effects are obtained; and then trying one's own variations; which is actually the whole point of the book. Nancy has obviously built up her own large "acrylo-pedia" of methods and it's up to the reader to use those as a jumping-off point for further experimentation. Excellent illustrations, photos of completed work and good instruction.
11 Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 April 2014
I already own Nancy's excellent book, 'Acrylic Revolution', and decided buy this book to compliment it - I wasn't disappointed! I really enjoy experimenting with acrylic paint, mediums and textures, and this book is so informative and inspiring. This is a must-have book for anyone wanting to expand their skills and understanding of acrylics, especially when using metallic leaf and paints to create luminous effects.
on 21 April 2018
Excellent book - delighted. Covers a wide range of unusual techniques - very inspirational - dip in book - all of Nancy Rayners books are good. These are working books - not glossy coffee table books and I use them all the Time.
on 1 August 2015
Found the information on the use of different materials very informative and useful
on 26 September 2015
Excellent book. Beautifully illustrated with so much inspiration. I feel excited looking at it all knowing I am going to learn something amazing. Recommended for all mixed media artists book shelf.
on 4 August 2017
Nancy Reyner has got some good ideas, but I must say, it is one of the worst written books on technique that I have read. I hope she will sit down and rewrite the book with more explanations on the techniques.
on 11 January 2016
I purchased the book for my wife who is developing her skills in Acrylic, she seems happy and assures me she will learn lots from the book
on 30 September 2016
Could be a bit more informative but useful for reference.
on 7 May 2016
Book okay. However, I personally didn't further my knowledge by reading.
on 12 April 2017
Rather too crafty and not enough art from my taste