Acoustic Classics
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 December 2014
This new album by the legend that is Richard Thompson, really is in my opinion superb from beginning to end. Ok some of my favourite tracks aren't here, but what the heck. There are a few tracks which he did with his wife, which sound so much better. Of course the guitar is sublime, and his voice has never sounded better. I usually don't like to select tracks, but for me the stand out tracks are Valerie, Beeswing, and the wonderful From Galway to Graceland. If you only buy one Richard Thompson album then this is for you. I only hope he follows this up with Acoustic Classics 2.
VINE VOICEon 21 November 2016
This is a stunning collection of Richard Thompson's best songs, just him and a guitar as per his acoustic live shows. It's like a live greatest hits without distracting crowd noise. Some of the guitar work is breathtakingly good and the stripped down format shows the quality of his seemingly richer than ever vocals.

Totally recommended.
VINE VOICEon 18 February 2015
I love this album and it has not been out my CD player since I got it. Some classic tracks by Richard Thompson all done acoustically which I think really adds to their impact. For me the outstanding tracks are Beeswing and the fabulous 52 Vincent. Thompsons playing is sublime and his voice haunting.
on 4 September 2016
Good, but seemed a bit flat and lacked the brightness I was expecting.
on 17 October 2017
Love it! Great CD by one of folk music's greatest artists
on 4 March 2018
good cd
on 1 April 2018
great
on 24 August 2014
As ever, a class compilation from this master of the unspoken stories of our times. I have followed Richard Thompson's rise from the late 'sixties to the present day and he shows no sign of declaring peace with the injustices of the planet and its leaders. Keep up the valuable social criticism and help more listeners to become aware to the times we live through.
on 6 August 2014
Great reworking of classic Richard Thompson tracks. Thompson shows how he can fairly claim to be one of the greatest living British songwriters as well as a pre-eminent guitarist. Beautifully produced and played.
on 12 September 2017
A tour de force of his acoustic gems