- For more warranty information on PCs and laptops click here.
Acer Aspire 5715Z Notebook Laptop, Intel Pentium Dual Core T2330 1.6GHz, 15.4" TFT, 2GB RAM, 80GB Hard-drive, DVD±RW, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, WiFi, Vista Home Premium
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2330
- Memory:2*1GB RAM
- Hard Drive: 80GB Hard Disk Drive
- Graphics Card: Mobile Intel GL960 Express chipset with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
- Optical Drive: DVD SuperMulti, CD/DVD reader/writer for all types of CD/DVD discs
- Connectivity: Wireless LAN B/G, 3 x USB 2.0 Ports
- Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
- Additional Software: Acer Empowering Technology, Acer Arcade, Norton Internet Security Trial, Adobe Reader, NTI CD Maker
- Display Size: 15.4" WXGA TFT Display with Acer CrystalBrite technology
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
The laptop is in excellent condition, performance and functionality are perfect. Battery last around 30 min, EU wire but UK adapter will be provided. Key "u" requires hard pressing. Windows 7 and Microsoft 2007 is included, the laptop will be ready to use straightaway. It's great value for everyday use!
Enjoy digital content to the fullest with this 15.4" multimedia system packaged in the cool new Aspire chassis design. This entertainment powerhouse boasts a host of features like Microsoft’s latest Vista Home Premium operating system and Dolby®-certified surround sound. The Intel® Pentium mobile platform ensures dual-core processing power for rich digital gaming and entertainment, while Acer Video Conference lets you conveniently video-chat with friends and family across the globe.
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
- Powerful Pentium Dual Core T2330 Processor is capable of handling all your everyday tasks with ease.
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (Intel® GMA X3100) graphics with up to 358 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0 present dazzling 3D gaming and video performance.
- Get 30 percent more multimedia viewing space than with traditional 4:3 XGA displays via the wide-aspect 15.4" screen. Enjoy videos, movies and photos more than ever!
- Acer CrystalBrite™ enhances high-definition video display performance with ultra-quick 8 ms response time, presenting a delightfully vivid view of 3D graphics, video, movies, photos and games.
- A massive 2GB of RAM means you can handle multiple tasks without any impact on the performance of your machine.
- A choice of large Serial ATA hard disks offers generous storage for content creation, boots up the system faster, and loads multimedia applications in a flash.
- The integrated 5-in-1 multi card reader lets you transfer and share content with ease.
- Acer Empowering Technology consolidates access to useful management tools, providing you with more control over your computer.
- Windows Media Centre lets you listen to music from a variety of sources, enjoy DVD movies, and create multimedia through one convenient interface.
- Acer eAudio Management provides centralised control over notebook audio, and offers specialised audio modes for movies, music and games.
- The Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (dual-band tri-mode 802.11a/b/g) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology, provides total interoperability and the best connection to wireless networks! The Aspire 5715 also comes with Fast Ethernet for high bandwidth and massive downloading potential for web-based multimedia.
E & OE
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Top Customer Reviews
Note another Amazon reviewer has had similar issues with this Laptop.
Repeated attempts to turn on fail, and when occasionally it did boot up the screen would suddenly go black and machine will freeze, it will only respond to the "OFF" button at this point! Tried disabling quick start but that didn't help, haven't been able boot into safe mode or BIOS to help resolve. Tried it with the battery in and out, still nothing, and am sick of trying now.
Was also concerned about unpleasant noises emitting from the laptop, sounding like something is seriously struggling to get it together.
I have since read on the Internet that the bios for some Acer machines may be to blame for problems such as this, depending on the motherboard installed. But I can't be bothered to FIX a brand new machine so it has to go, I await my refund :(
The dual core Pentium processor is in fact a re badged Core 2 chip, so is far from a slouch! Lots of memory and a reasonable sized Hard drive. I wasn't looking for a gaming laptop so was happy with the integrated Intel Graphics.
Having completely removed Vista, i then installed Ubuntu Linux which was very straight forward. Everything except my Wireless network card worked but after a quick look around the internet i found a guide and driver which I used to get that working.
Overall this laptop was never going to win a performance crown, nor a beauty pageant. But you cant fault what you are getting for your money.
However, the pros far outweigh the cons. It has the 2 GB of RAM required for Vista to run comfortably, and the available memory is more than enough (unless you are a serious downloader). To gain a little more memory and speed, just uninstall the useless software on the laptop. For the price, this laptop is a bargain, especially for students and the average homeuser.
if you want a laptop to play games and run high powered programmes then you would need something more powerful but for £299 I think this is a real good buy - especially considering some of the laptops that I viewed in curry's, comet and PC world that were more expensive.
If you asked me if i'd buy this laptop again then i'd say definately yes.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had this laptop now for around 3 years, although the item itself is now probably old hat I have never experienced any problems with it. Read morePublished on 30 Aug. 2011 by Lisa
I love the graphics and the size of the laptop.
Delighted with the laptop. Item was described as used, but was like new with exception of a few light scratches on the top. It even came with a two year warrenty. Read morePublished on 4 Aug. 2009 by F. MCMURRAY
This machine is super, handling anything we have thrown at it. Was the cheapest 2gig RAM machine on the market - don't get Vista with anything less - and this machine is quick... Read morePublished on 27 Mar. 2009 by bart4books
I bought one of these as a Christmas present for my father, as he wanted to check the interest rates on his savings account at the Halifax (thus, an expensive version of teletext). Read morePublished on 21 Dec. 2008 by John Meanwood
I bought this laptop after reading the reviews posted here an optimistically expected another cracking laptop from Acer. Read morePublished on 24 Oct. 2008 by Mr. D. Carter
No problems with the computer but if you are going to surf you will know about viruses making a nuisance in operating systems and this laptop comes without the disc. Read morePublished on 7 Oct. 2008 by A. Bennett
Acer Aspire 5715Z Notebook Laptop, Intel Pentium Dual Core T2330 1.6GHz, 15.4" TFT, 2GB RAM, 80GB Hard-drive, DVD±RW, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, WiFi, Vista Home... Read morePublished on 6 Oct. 2008 by Susie
I've had mine for close to a month and I'm very happy with it.
I'm no Laptop expert, but I like this. It makes my five year old PC look like an antique. Read more