Accounting for Non-accounting Students Paperback – 27 Nov 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Accounting for Non-Accounting Students has firmly established itself over five editions as the market leading text in its field. This highly regarded text offers a clear and non-technical introduction to the basic principles of both financial and management accounting. Building on the success of previous editions, this sixth edition places even more emphasis on helping students understand the concepts of accounting and applying what they learn to the real world. This new edition includes a wide selection of news articles and real-world accounts allowing students to relate their learning to practice. It encourages a confident but critical approach to the range of accounting statements non-specialists are likely to encounter in their professional careers via a range of questions and thought-provoking activities.
- Accessible, well-written and comprehensive introduction to accounting.
- Each chapter includes a topical article from a newspaper plus related questions.
- Real-world case studies featuring a broad range of companies.
- Excellent pedagogy including: 'Check your learning', a large variety of student activities, numerous tutorial questions.
- activities test student understanding as they progress through the chapter.
- New section on why this chapter is important to non-accountants.
- feature details 'Questions non-accountants should ask'.
- published accounts from a range of companies.
- section on recent accounting scandals.
- Expandedcoverage of contemporary issues, including environmental and social accounting.
- Expandedcoverage of international accounting issues.
- Newdiscussion questions link the news article with the chapter.
- This text is ideal for students from a broad range of disciplines taking a first course in accounting.
The sixth edition is accompanied by an excellent Website at www.booksites.net/dyson which includes challenging questions, additional case studies and a Lecturer’s Guide.
John Dyson was formerly Director of Studies of the Heriot-Watt University Management Programme, Edinburgh.
About the Author
John R. Dyson was formerly Director of Studies of the Heriot-Watt University Management Programme, Edinburgh.--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I will keep this book beside me as I move through a career in industry as a secret weapon to ward off the financial whizz-kids! I would thoroughly recommend this book as invaluable to anyone with an interest in the business world and keeping one step ahead!
The layout is easy to follow, great self tests along the way, case studies, real world relevent news articles and even an online site with further tests.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is great for anyone trying to rejog their memory on accounting. I would say you definitely need to have had a class in accounting basics before reading this book. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Pendukeni
Has helped me lots with my business hnc course. A must for business studentsPublished 2 months ago by Kirsty
Great book for a first time studying building surveying student. This is used by my university UCEM.Published 6 months ago by Joss
Lecturer recommended this book for module. Knew nothing about accounting but this book teaches the basicsPublished 9 months ago by Pos Singh
Came exactly how was described, really good condition.Published 10 months ago by Charlotte Crawford