on 4 July 2014
I love this book and gave it 5 ★★★★★
This is my first book I have read by this author and I have to say i loved the book funny sexy she has you laughing along with her Throw in a few crazy friends a magic desk a cat called Luna and mustn't forget about sexy Hunter you have one hell of an great Laugh out loud story I really didn't want it to end but it ended so abruptly my only disappointment hope we dont have to wait to long for the next instalment can't wait

My Review in one word AB-SO-F**KIN-FANTASTIC
on 13 August 2017
I really wouldn't call this book a romance. The story is well written and there was a lot of laugh out moments but I was waiting for the romance. We didn't meet her romantic interest until well over half way through the book. Because of this I give the book only 3 starts. I think I would have enjoyed the book more if I wasn't waiting for the romance.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 October 2017
Young women stumbles in witchcraft whilst writing a fictional story. Easy to read, amusing antics, light sexual references, good and bad spells. Enjoyable.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 June 2014
This book was utterly charming. From the first page and getting to meet Leigh who is head over heels in love with her book boyfriend (we all can relate) to meeting her best friends had me captured. Once the charismatic Hunter entered the story I was hooked. Leigh and her friends are comical and I had so many laugh out loud moments people thought I was watching a video and was surprised when I said nope a great author who's wonderful at storytelling. I so can't wait to see what happens to Leigh,her friends and Luna who is a total scene stealer. Kudos Melanie you have a winner on your hands.
on 7 August 2014
Really enjoyed this book. It is witty and humorous and is written in such a way that all women can relate to the main character Leigh, and I especially love the way Melanie James brought to life the relationship between Leigh and her cat Luna.
It is hard to make me laugh out loud but without leaving spoilers, the mini-golf date had me properly laughing. This book is chick-lit at it's best - all the characters are perfect and I wouldn't change a thing about them.

The reason I haven't given this 5 stars is because of the massively abrupt ending. It is more like a short story than a book. It left me feeling like I wanted to shout "WTF?" and although I want more, if the sequels are just as short and irritatingly abrupt then I would rather save my sanity and leave them alone. There i a difference between leaving you wanting more and leaving you feeling with an unsatisfied, anti-climax feeling. Please Melanie James, make these stories a proper, full novel!
on 16 June 2014
My description of this book? A TOTALLY (to steal the words of a friend) AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY amazing read!
Are you looking for a FUN book that will make you smile and laugh? I mean laugh until you literally cry??
Well, let me JUST tell you, this is the book for you.
Let me preface by saying, I'm am Melanie James fan hands down! Whatever she writes, I'll read. The woman can write ANYTHING and this book proves it! Different by far from A Valentine's Surprise and Conjuring Darkness (both of which I adored BTW), this book had me in tears...Oh did I already say that? (laughing tears...a different spin...right?)
I saw a lot of myself in this book ..*winky winky* and boy does Leigh Epstein weave her spell on her friends! Leigh has all the best intentions of bringing good luck to her deserving friends by conjuring a spell of witchcraft on them, she just doesn't realize that things CAN backfire! How does a reclaimed desk and a cat named Luna play into the equation? You'll have to read to find out...I ain't giving any spoilers. I will tell you that a ripped roofer named Hunter is one of the characters Leigh has 'dealings' with and I cannot wait to read more about this hottie.
Settle into this fun read with your earbuds in listening to Frank Sinatra singing 'Witchcraft' and savor this page turner. Melanie James, yet again you've stolen my heart with a great read and I am 100% a fan!
What's next for Leigh? Can't freakin wait! #bringit
Word up....Local 1313 beware, Leigh Epstein is headed your way and GOD help you all:)
on 9 July 2015
This is one of the dullest books I have ever read, I didn't even bother to read the last few chapters in full, just skimmed them to the cliff hanger ending and deleted it from my kindle along with book 2. I'm so glad I didn't have to pay money for it, in fact Amazon should have paid me to read it.
The book is mostly the main character telling you what's going on in a way that makes it feel like a lecture. It just felt lazy to have her drone on and on. I could not connect with Leigh at all, she addressed the reader as though she was such a great character and we were hanging on her every word instead of being bored to tears. This was supposedly a romantic comedy, I failed to find any comedy or romance at all.
on 14 August 2014
This is my first book by Melanie James and oh boy it's great. This quirky story of Leigh and her new found magic had me from the beginning. You can tell that Melanie James uses current incidents (or maybe it was coincidence). The scene of Leigh's sister seemed to come straight from the show, Sex sent me to the ER. The pig incident happened a few weeks ago in my home state and of course the cruise ship. I was laughing out loud during the putt putt golf scene too.This is a quick fun read, leaving you wanting more and anxiously awaiting the next installment in Leigh's life. You definitely will enjoy this
on 19 September 2014
This is just rubbish - it's badly written, has a ridiculously childish plotline and I couldn't have cared less about any of the characters let alone the "heroine". Didn't bother finishing it and certainly can't recommend it. Don't waste your time.
on 19 August 2014
What a creative book I have read. The flow of the story is properly arranged by the author. Melanie can really drives you to the characters in the story. And I am excited to read more series books like this.. Keep it up Melanie!