on 4 April 2013
very useful for my history coursework, very in depth provided a lot of the evidence that I needed to complete it.
on 7 March 2009
I bought this for my A level History course and so far it's the most used book in the lesson. Easy to read and has plenty of facts and is set out in a usuable way!

It's great
on 8 January 2002
Helpful introduction for students new to subject. Clements is careful to show that Hoover, though scarcely up to the task of overcoming the Depression, wasn't quite the disaster of historical legend. Equally, FDR didn't turn everything he touched to gold. Perhaps a litte light on the transformation of electoral politics in the 1930s, but good nonetheless.
on 27 September 2015
Great book. The seller was really nice and wrote me a letter, wishing me luck in education. Otherwise the book is basically what it is.
on 22 March 2008
I used the book to help me on my AS module paper on FDR, so have used only half of the book. For any AS student studying American history on the relevant period, I'd say it's a must. It gives an overview of the period, telling you about the problems facing FDR, legislation, impacts, opposition etc, presenting the information in a comprehensive format, tailored for AS students. When you start studying the subject this really does help. However, if you're aiming for high grades, I wouldn't rely on the book alone. It doesn't provide enough depth to give you the full picture. Nevertheless, I'd say this is the best place to start.
on 14 February 2016
Really useful with tonnes of info and even some sources for those of you doing the coursework
on 8 October 2014
Arrived on time and gold as gold.
on 13 November 2016
Highly recommended
on 11 February 2008
I bought this book about a year ago, just before my A levels, as I had a module on this in my summer exam. I used the book as my base for revision and got full marks in that module in the summer. For exams, and for revision, it's a brilliant book. Buy it!
on 13 August 2014