Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 17 April 2003
If you're doing the Reformation for A level, or if you're just interested in this incredibly important time, then BUY THIS BOOK. It's very short, but covers lots of ground in just a hundred or so pages. Everything is lucid and clear, and the personalities are well defined. Some potentially woolly theology is put across on a level that everyone can understand, but I never had the feeling I was being patronised. Interesting, helpful - and left me wanting to know more. Highly recommended.
on 25 November 2010
This book looks well-presented but my confidence in it was dented when I picked up three errors in a few pages I looked at.
1 It states that Martin's father was a prosperous silver miner. Actually it was copper, which made it more of a sacrifice to send Young Martin to school.
2. It states he was trained in law. Well, he was for two months before he left to become a monk. A wrong impression is created.
3. It says he prayed to God when in the storm, actually he prayed to St Anna, the patron saint of miners. This is a theological difference.
on 17 May 2013
I am studying as level history German reformation and this book was brilliant. It helped me get an A for my as level in the exam