- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Accelerated Learning Paperback – 1 Jul 1985
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I highly recommend this book to be read in tandem with the Nightingale Conant Audio title 'Accelerated Learning' which utilises the presentation skills of the legendary Brian Tracy to bring home the point that accelerated learning is a subject worthy of the attention of all serious educators and students alike.
1) Much of the material is out of date and often widely available in other texts particularly the NLP parts
2) The book is mostly an exploration of Accelerated Learning and you often wonder how selective the evidence cited is, which is an easy trick to play when writing a book that takes sides
3) The book, apart from giving some insight into speed reading and mnemonics comes across (in my view) as a long advert for 'buy our accelerated learning courses because they're great!'
The last comment may be cynical but I got to the end and felt somewhat short changed, yes lots of material on the brain can work better, left vs. right brain, NLP, the use of music in learning, retention and so forth but no subtsance as to what Accelerated Learning actually is in depth and a big push towards 'now you believe buy our course tapes'.
Overall this is a pity as I am sure there is a lot in here that could be built into any learning programme.
I have tried these techniques over the past couple of years, and they have enabled me to memorise an hour of grade six piano music....up from a few minutes of grade four previously!
The writing style is simple and friendly. There are cartoons and charts to help you remember the material. An audio version of the ideas has been recorded with Brian Tracy (available separately), and this is also excellent.
I have seen amazing transformations from young to old.
Well done Colin Rose for an outstanding piece of work.
If you're looking to speed up your learning or just learn more about the great potential that lies inside of you then order this book ASAP.
I really can't understand why there are so few reviews for this absolute bargain!