Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 29 July 2010
In volume 1 we discovered the mysteries of the world that Planetary was investigating and learned the identity of the Fourth Man. Now in the second and final volume, Ellis reveals the real secrets behind Planetary and behind the world. We learn about Elijah Snow's life, the secrets of the Four, and, in a devilish slight of hand, Ellis shows how all the previous episodes link into the overall picture. As always, there's a magical blend of myth and science.

John Cassady is again the artist which is recommendation enough and enough reason alone to buy this book. And Laura Martin is the genius colourist who enhances it all transforming the perfect into the sublime.

I add briefly my usual gripe about hardly any extras and what little there is has been seen before but please don't let that put you off. But really DC, you could have put a little more effort into it. It's still worth five stars though.
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2010
I wish I'd managed to wait until this volume came out, but I had to read the ending of the Planetary saga as soon as I could. The value of the Absolute Edition is in the heft - it will sit nicely on my bookcase for those nights when I feel like reading through the whole story. Of course, now I have to buy volume one...

If you're coming to the story fresh with this volume, you should have the same thought - get volume one first. If you're waiting to see how the story comes out, I won't spoil it. I will say how glad I was that it didn't become a story of revenge, but one of redemption - in a very real sense.