Aberfan: Government and Disasters Paperback – 10 Jan 2000
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Excellent...thorough and sympathetic...well worth the money spent on it -- Headway 2000 (Aberfan's Community Newspaper)
Intelligent and moving -- Planet
The full truth about Aberfan -- The Guardian
The research is outstanding...the investigation is substantial, balanced
and authoritative...this is certainly the definitive book on the subject...
Meticulous -- John R. Davis, Kingston University . 'Contemporary British History' 2002
What is most interesting about this book is that it is written from the
point of view of survivors -- Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, Blackwell Publishers
About the Author
Iain McLean and Martin Johnes
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
a classic book
And avoid crying if you have children. Read the whole book and wonder where we are really going in Britain.
It's a pitty the book now seems to be out of print - secondhand copies now only being available.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Wales
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Social & Economic History > Health & Welfare
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services