on 2 May 2016
Decided to add antivirus protection to newly purchased Fire tablet even though most internet wisdom says that it isn't needed. Perhaps not five years ago but nowadays I would rather be safer than sorry. Downloaded Avast Free which I use with every thing else - doesn't work with a Fire tablet. AVG does and offers basic protection for free - with the usual bit of advertising here and there. Might try another anti virus product that works with Fire at a later date.
on 26 September 2013
AVG is brilliant and free, what more could you ask for. I use it on all my gadgets and will continue to do so
on 24 September 2013
I have AVG free on my laptop and my tablet and it works perfectly. It warns me of imminent threats and removes them efficiently. I see no need to purchase a more expensive Product.
on 6 May 2013
I have this installed on all three devices. The Android version is much slimmed down from the fully featured Windows PC version but still seems to work (never had a problem reported on Android). It monitors e-mail and web use and also keeps track of the amount of data you are using so that you can avoid exceeding the data limit (& very useful in case your mobile provider tries to claim that you have used more than your allowance and tries to charge you!)
on 16 December 2013
I wanted AVG anti virus for my Kindle Fire HD only to get the message it is not compatable to my device. I don't want Norton (which is rubbish i.m.o.) I have AVG on my mobile phone and PC which I find is the best free anti virus you can have
on 21 April 2016
Have paid for AVG Internet Security for years on my PC and Laptop, and now also most satisfied with this anti-virus app on my Fire Tablet. But recently upgraded my computers' AVG package to a new one that includes unlimited devices (Protection Pro) which includes all windows, mac, and Android devices, so thought this should be ok for including an upgrade on my Fire tablet. But unfortunately now discovered AVG have only included ability to download their android app from Google Play Store, and not Amazon Store. This is a little disappointing because Fire Tablets do not include any means to install apps from Google Play Store. Maybe AVG and Amazon should come to some agreement so that Amazon Store can be included as an alternate AVG android app provider in association with AVG's "Protection Pro" package. Just a suggestion!
on 4 March 2016
AVG seems to work just fine, it's a shame the Google play won't let me purchase the full app. Google don't recognise our Island (.je) as an independent country.
We can buy the Android phones but not the apps.
I may have to rethink, and go back to windows.
review image
on 11 June 2016
on 8 April 2013
I always use avg products and have never once had a virus or other problem. I really like the 'task killer' feature - by far the quickest and easiest way to stop unwanted apps slowing your phone down.
on 8 April 2016
Easy to down load. Worked first time without interfering with my other software packages.
Very reasonable (zero cost) and as I have the full product on my laptop, I was up and away in minutes. Great asset!